• Current Donation Goals

7 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Most people just had a perfectly rational worry that we were going to throw away that 10 pts lead.  A couple of results against us and it could have been a different story. Of course we are in a much better place right now.  But let's be honest, the tone would be a bit different if Spurs had beaten West Ham tonight. 

We still have to win it, and win it we will. The trick is to enjoy the ride without feeling too smug or cocky. 

Yes - I don't get martinis comment either. To have a rational worry is not being critical. It's simply being worried! 

7 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Ridiculous ifs - they didn't happen. Hahaha

Not sure what you are trying to say here. That the people who had rational worries didn't want Chelsea to win in order to be proven right? 

I certainly do not think they were ridiculous worries cause I've felt it since February. We were genuinely looking like we could throw a 10 point lead away. I don't get why you feel the need to ridicule those persons. Especially since we now have more or less won it. Shouldn't you be genuinely happy about that instead of being somewhat smug? 

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

My tone wouldn't have been any different, it's been the same for weeks. I've been saying for a long time that the league was over due to the lead we had built up, the manager we have, the players we have, who lets be honest are quite clearly the best players in the league, and the fact that it was Tottenham chasing us. They were never going to win all their games. It was never going to happen. It's Tottenham ffs. Call me smug, call me cocky, I'd much rather that than be as negative as some on here.

I've been to the majority of games this season and it's been brilliant.  One of my favourite seasons for a while. The atmosphere and buzz during our 13 game winning run was amazing and we played some scintillating football. It's been an absolutely superb season where we could end up with 93 points!!! 93 points in this era of the premier league is unreal, even if we end up on  89 that's still quite simply outrageous and hasn't been bettered for years.

Coming on here though you would never think it. The negativity is astonishing.  I fully recommend trying to be positive about us and having a little belief, especially when are closest challengers are Tottenham, you will find it much more enjoyable. 

You're right in some ways. However,  I think most fans are quietly pleased and I would even say smug that we could achieve this so soon after what happened last season.  

I am pleased with so many things about the team and the club right now.  Just getting on with the business of winning matches without unnecessary comedy is one of them. Even the way we've handled the Costa - China affair is top class.  

That's why this time I am ordering a vintage  special edition proseco, lots of it, and lots of ice. 

Thank you West Ham! I thought it was going to be Leicester that would end up breaking Tottenham hearts, but this is possibly even better. To be fair, it's about time an opposition played above and beyond against Spurs, too many teams have rolled over for them recently and shown them too much respect.

I've been nervous but confident, but now I'm happy to say the words 'we're going to win the league'!

Let's get a nice big win over Boro so that we can go in to WBA away full of confidence and win the title before Spurs can even kick a ball. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs drop more points now, will be difficult to get heads up after this and that 10 point gap we threw away could be back before the end of the season! COME ON!!!!

KTBFFH!

Jasonb   

Yes credit to Bilic and WHU, a pleasant surprise before todays match.

I always thought Spurs had tough remaining fixtures and were likely to drop points though still surprised Spurs could not salvage a point at WHU.

I would like us to hammer Boro tomorrow and then in our remaining fixtures look to bring in some of the youngers members of the squad for a half here or there.

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

My tone wouldn't have been any different, it's been the same for weeks. I've been saying for a long time that the league was over due to the lead we had built up, the manager we have, the players we have, who lets be honest are quite clearly the best players in the league, and the fact that it was Tottenham chasing us. They were never going to win all their games. It was never going to happen. It's Tottenham ffs. Call me smug, call me cocky, I'd much rather that than be as negative as some on here.

I've been to the majority of games this season and it's been brilliant.  One of my favourite seasons for a while. The atmosphere and buzz during our 13 game winning run was amazing and we played some scintillating football. It's been an absolutely superb season where we could end up with 93 points!!! 93 points in this era of the premier league is unreal, even if we end up on  89 that's still quite simply outrageous and hasn't been bettered for years.

Coming on here though you would never think it. The negativity is astonishing.  I fully recommend trying to be positive about us and having a little belief, especially when are closest challengers are Tottenham, you will find it much more enjoyable. 

Well said!! Outrageously enjoyable season so far! Let's finish it off with 4 wins (and 1 more elsewhere...).

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not sure what you are trying to say here. That the people who had rational worries didn't want Chelsea to win in order to be proven right? 

I certainly do not think they were ridiculous worries cause I've felt it since February. We were genuinely looking like we could throw a 10 point lead away. I don't get why you feel the need to ridicule those persons. Especially since we now have more or less won it. Shouldn't you be genuinely happy about that instead of being somewhat smug? 

Worries - rational and natural, we're football fans it's our job to worry(!).

Saying 'if Tottenham had done this etc etc' - nonsense.

Tottenham were never ever going to win 13 games in a row.

I am genuinely happy and not smug in the least until we actually win it. 

I wouldn't ridicule someone purely for being nervous about us throwing it all away. I would however ridicule them when it's based on negatives that don't exist when we've been amazing this season.