202 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sunday apparently.

Brilliant, can't wait, gonna be great day!!

Celebrate the league title and see JT off...

6 hours ago, chara said:

My wife is in Belgium at the minute visiting the WW1 sites..facetime at 10 oclock  UK time ..first thing she said was " Champions!!!"

Somebody beat me to it, and, yeah, she's a keeper!

For comparison: just texted my missus to say I'd had congratulatory texts this morning from people I haven't heard from in years, her response was, 'congratulations for what'!!!!

Another link to a good read, this time from Phil McNulty of BBC today. Really good stuff on Conte in particular:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39885837

Has anyone heard Martin Tyler's commentary? Barely any enthusiasm, it's like he was disappointed we won. 

Anyway, am absolutely BUZZING!! Anticlimax? Anticlimax?! No way!! So so so HAPPY!! Forza Chelsea!

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I actually think this one feels as good as Jose's first one , we've not been at our very best recently and last night the goal took forever to arrive and it being scored by Bats makes it feel even better.

Was thinking similar before myself. If I had to rank it, it's right up there with the first one under JM. I think the JM one edges it slightly because it was the first one for such a long time and the first one in my life time. This one though under Conte really stands out for the fact we were realistically outsiders from the beginning, the work he's done to get players firing again, the manner in which he's accounted for himself, and the overall breath of fresh air he's brought to the club.

35 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Has anyone heard Martin Tyler's commentary? Barely any enthusiasm, it's like he was disappointed we won. 

Anyway, am absolutely BUZZING!! Anticlimax? Anticlimax?! No way!! So so so HAPPY!! Forza Chelsea!

He was gutted. Utter joke. 

31 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Martin Tyler , I literally cannot wait until he gets pensioned off , he was reasonably respectful for a change last night but absolutely no enthusiasm for our victory whatsoever.

I've never forgotten when Crespo scored to beat Wigan and his commentary went (and I kid you not ) " Oh no ! Followed by dead air for thirty seconds , presumably whilst the director explained you can't do that , followed by a hastily added "for Wigan , but great for Chelsea".

Not exactly Aguerrooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! 

I first went to the bridge as a 13 year old boy when we played Sheffield United. I am now 64 but I still found myself shouting at the tv when we scored against spurs in the semi, against Middlesbrough & again last night. I like this guy Conte. He has a person of Ancelotti & a steeliness of JM but tactically & coaching wise I liken him to a very old coach, Dave Sexton. Only my opinion, but I want to add my congratulations to all on this site as I read you every week & it can make me chuckle with the way the emotion takes over. That's football & always had been. I can't wait for the cup final. I will be shouting at the tv no doubt as I think we will turn Arsenal over, Wembley should be made for players like Hazzard, Pedro & Fabregas, just a pity we don't have Drogba up front. 

Once again congratulations to everyone & keep your opinions coming.

1 person likes this

To be fair, I will say that I thought Martin Tyler's commentary when we won the CL was pretty great. "What a road, what a journey, what a finish." He was very enthusiastic then.