• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh absolutely. He should have been made man of the year for that.

Yeah, and Fab's (expletive, not deleted) remark last night, not so much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faramir   
11 hours ago, James Prescott said:

By choice, I don't come here much now nor post here - but just saying a quick hi to congratulate Conte and the boys on their title win. My prediction this season was top 3 and the FA Cup, but he's exceeded all expectations. Great achievement, and with the right investment, hopefully there's more titles and CLs to come. Now for the FA Cup!

Up the Chels! Champions!

Hi James! Good to hear from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

Just curious and perhaps a suggestion is don't we have a thread for champions? So we do not have to discuss being champions in this match day thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
14 hours ago, zaffo said:

Was thinking similar before myself. If I had to rank it, it's right up there with the first one under JM. I think the JM one edges it slightly because it was the first one for such a long time and the first one in my life time. This one though under Conte really stands out for the fact we were realistically outsiders from the beginning, the work he's done to get players firing again, the manner in which he's accounted for himself, and the overall breath of fresh air he's brought to the club.

Sorry I can't agree with this at all.Mourhino inherited the best team we ever had.I look at in the context of where we were in Mourhino's first season and where we were in Conte's first season.

We were a shambles when Conte took over.Having watched master chef I can make the analogy Mourhino was content with meat and two veg,or a variation of that and can't change.Conte however has shown signs of fine dining with a limited budget that can only improve when the budget is greater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got in at 3:30am from a gig in Derby after a four hour car journey. The bass player was driving and he's a Man U supporter. Talk about captive audience....he had nowhere to go and couldn't escape me!! That was about as much fun as you can have for 4 hours in a car ( teenage years excluded!).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sorry I can't agree with this at all.Mourhino inherited the best team we ever had.I look at in the context of where we were in Mourhino's first season and where we were in Conte's first season.

We were a shambles when Conte took over.Having watched master chef I can make the analogy Mourhino was content with meat and two veg,or a variation of that and can't change.Conte however has shown signs of fine dining with a limited budget that can only improve when the budget is greater.

Yes, JM's had the chips in place. The league wasn't as tough overall and we had a very good side at that point. However, the sheer fact that it was the clubs first title in 50 years makes it special in it's own right and gives it that slight edge imo. That doesn't however take anything away from the absolute phenomenal job Conte has done given the overall circumstances in which he arrived, the squad on hand, etc. That's special in it's own right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sorry I can't agree with this at all.Mourhino inherited the best team we ever had.I look at in the context of where we were in Mourhino's first season and where we were in Conte's first season.

We were a shambles when Conte took over.Having watched master chef I can make the analogy Mourhino was content with meat and two veg,or a variation of that and can't change.Conte however has shown signs of fine dining with a limited budget that can only improve when the budget is greater.

ready steady cook !

 

 

c1e9be9c5a3a7bed995d2ad4476273bfc9d2e198

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   

Am I the only one here that doesn't feel the need to take sides in the great (not great) debate between past and present gaffers? 

Jose mark1 came and took a good side and won back to back titles and made us a great side that lasted for years. Absolutely loved him. 

Jose mark 2 came back and took a good side and worked his magic and won another title within two years. Loved him but not as much as mark1,

Antonio came and took a good but demoralised side and after just 6 premier league games moulded them into a great side. Absolutely love him.

We have been blessed with some of the best managers in the modern game. I for one am grateful that we have had them here and won't slag off anyone who has been part of this great club. (Well maybe one.) 

Champions people. Let's be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Am I the only one here that doesn't feel the need to take sides in the great (not great) debate between past and present gaffers? 

Jose mark1 came and took a good side and won back to back titles and made us a great side that lasted for years. Absolutely loved him. 

Jose mark 2 came back and took a good side and worked his magic and won another title within two years. Loved him but not as much as mark1,

Antonio came and took a good but demoralised side and after just 6 premier league games moulded them into a great side. Absolutely love him.

We have been blessed with some of the best managers in the modern game. I for one am grateful that we have had them here and won't slag off anyone who has been part of this great club. (Well maybe one.) 

Champions people. Let's be happy.

Couldn't have said it better myself! 

Let's enjoy this and for the love of God, be a bigger person than to take this remarkable achievement as an opportunity to point fingers at previous managers. It's incredibly boring and lacks class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Just got in at 3:30am from a gig in Derby after a four hour car journey. The bass player was driving and he's a Man U supporter. Talk about captive audience....he had nowhere to go and couldn't escape me!! That was about as much fun as you can have for 4 hours in a car ( teenage years excluded!).

Didn't know you were a muso Nobly. Guitar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.