• Current Donation Goals

Jasonb   

I agree win it Friday, and then for last two give some of the wider squad players a run out (JT, Ake, RLC).

28 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I agree win it Friday, and then for last two give some of the wider squad players a run out (JT, Ake, RLC).

I think RLC is only in what would be a very very wide squad (and off on loan next year).
I'd rather see Ake, Chalobah, who might actually start PL matches on merit, and perhaps a promoted young player like Sterling (to get one of those opportunities that RLC has had so many of).
Sterling for 20 mins instead of Moses would be great.

And I'd love to see JT get 90 mins.

paulw66   
47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think RLC is only in what would be a very very wide squad (and off on loan next year).
I'd rather see Ake, Chalobah, who might actually start PL matches on merit, and perhaps a promoted young player like Sterling (to get one of those opportunities that RLC has had so many of).
Sterling for 20 mins instead of Moses would be great.

And I'd love to see JT get 90 mins.

RLC hasn't started a league game all season, and perhaps started 2 cup games. So many chances? You've had an odd bee in your bonnet about him, much like Matic. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

RLC hasn't started a league game all season, and perhaps started 2 cup games. So many chances? You've had an odd bee in your bonnet about him, much like Matic. 

??  12 starts and 18 sub appearances in just over 2 years.  Sure he is used a lot less this year than last (the squad is a lot deeper), but in all that time I recall just one 10 min sub appearance where he impressed.

The real question is not me, but why RLC's name doesn't come up more often.

BTW - was this another post about me, or do you have a different opinion on RLC?

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

??  12 starts and 18 sub appearances in just over 2 years.  Sure he is used a lot less this year than last (the squad is a lot deeper), but in all that time I recall just one 10 min sub appearance where he impressed.

The real question is not me, but why RLC's name doesn't come up more often.

BTW - was this another post about me, or do you have a different opinion on RLC?

Yeah, I think he is a real talent and has been very unlucky. This year has been hard because we have been so strong and no european football and therefore less games.

Last season, the majority of the first team under performed but he didn't get much of a go, which I thought was a mistake

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yeah, I think he is a real talent and has been very unlucky. This year has been hard because we have been so strong and no european football and therefore less games.

Last season, the majority of the first team under performed but he didn't get much of a go, which I thought was a mistake

Happy to talk about the player.  He did get 7 starts last season - which is something of a go for a young Chelsea player.  Of players still U21 I can't think of anyone getting more except McEachran perhaps, or Bertrand as an O21.  Indeed he has probably had as many chances as Lukaku or KdB or Cuadrado ever got here.

Two things counted in his favour as a teenager - his size, and having two half-brothers who were professional footballers.
He is not using his size at the adult level, and everyone at this level knows what it takes to be a success.

For me he has shown he has great acceleration, and can shoot.  But can he battle in midfield like Pedro (or Chalobah)?  Can he win aerial battles?  Does he have an all around game?  Not that we have seen.

Massively excited for this game! MASSIVELY EXCITED!!

Think how lucky we are as football fans to be in this position - if our team wins tomorrow we will WIN THE LEAGUE. Think about how few clubs' fans are actually ever in this position. It's brilliant! We are very privileged.

As for the game, it won't be easy. Every single one of our players will have to fight tooth and nail for every single second of this one.

Dare to be great, put your name into the Chelsea history books and WIN THIS PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE!!

We can DO this!

believe.

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

I love the fact that it's on a Friday night. Very happy, excited and nervous all at the same time. This is me tomorrow and I'm betting a lot of you also :happy: CAAARREEFREEE

paulw66   
1 hour ago, ShedEndMassive said:

I love the fact that it's on a Friday night. Very happy, excited and nervous all at the same time. This is me tomorrow and I'm betting a lot of you also :happy: CAAARREEFREEE

I am playing cricket on Saturday, so need to keep a lid on it. Save myself for Monday and the following Sunday, and then the Cup Final.

52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I am playing cricket on Saturday, so need to keep a lid on it. Save myself for Monday and the following Sunday, and then the Cup Final.

Nice, what club do you play for? (if I may ask, as a fellow cricketer. Feel free not to answer!)