202 posts in this topic

Butterflies abound.

Anticipation, nerves, excitement. It's all there. First things first, we need to win a football match. And it won't be easy.

Pulis is a renowned party pooper. He will not want to lose. He was at the Borough game and was probably disgusted by their performance and will use it as a paradigm of what not to do. Expect the baggies to be much more physical and intense.

I'd start Cesc for this but I don't think Conte will. Reckon he'll go with the Matic-Kante partnership with the rest of the team as is, with Cesc to come on later. I suppose there's a poignancy to that, seeing as it's gotten us to where we are.

The atmosphere will be electric. It's a momentous night. It's really been a journey this season, and we're so close. 

So proud of this team. So proud of the support. Let's do this. 

^^^^^

And we know our away support is peerless , they'll make enough noise to wake the dead and our boys will know for certain what they expect of them.

Come on you Blues ! 

KTBFFH

Carefree.

After the way Cesc played on Monday, he has to start

I know Boro gave him the freedom of Stamford Bridge, but his passing was immense. 

Unless he decides to bring him when they tire in the second half 

Three more points. That's all. We've been immense this season. COME ON!!

34 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

After the way Cesc played on Monday, he has to start

I know Boro gave him the freedom of Stamford Bridge, but his passing was immense. 

Unless he decides to bring him when they tire in the second half 

I think that's probably more likely Paul. I think he'll start Kante and Matic, assuming they're both fit to play and then we'll labour to provide much of a threat in the first half, causing a barrage of vitriol concerning all and sundry on this MDF before Cesc finally makes his appearance in the second half and we then go on to win the game. That will in turn be followed by another barrage of posts proclaiming Conte's foresight and wisdom and saying how we played very well throughout and coasted to a win.

And if that turns out to be true then I for one will be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED!!!!

9 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Three more points. That's all. We've been immense this season. COME ON!!

Really?

We were a bunch of chokers the other day and Tottenham Hotspur were much better than us.

Odd. 

32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Really?

We were a bunch of chokers the other day and Tottenham Hotspur were much better than us.

Odd. 

I think Spurs are a terrific side. And we have choked. Just my opinion. I never state as fact. Just my opinion. Get it? One more time: just my opinion.

For the absence of doubt:  just my opinion.

Stuck in Cordoba Spain tonight/Monday. Anyone know any sports bars there likely to show the match? 

48 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

And we have choked.

No.

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

I think Spurs are a terrific side. And we have choked. Just my opinion. I never state as fact. Just my opinion. Get it? One more time: just my opinion.

For the absence of doubt:  just my opinion.

I appreciate it is your opinion. Please explain how we have choked when we are 7 points clear with 3 games to go. We have won 8 out of last 10 league games. We are in the final of the FA cup.

It is my opinion you are talking rubbish. 

Edit - how can we be immense and chokers? 

Edited by paulw66