119 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

This doesn't make any sense at all. If 1 is true, then how or why would 2 be true?

You'll just have to read the context and work it out.

Made no sense to me either. But then Droy explained it and I'm still no wiser.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

You'll just have to read the context and work it out.

I did and, as I said, it didn't make sense.

Is it bigger than a bread bin? 

6 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

This doesn't make any sense at all. If 1 is true, then how or why would 2 be true?

It rarely does. It's a 'Droyism', used simply to confuse, and make hmself appear to be the superior thinker (I know something you don't know!). And now you've seen his predictable response  - surprised? I bet not..........:).

Yeh 

7 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

It rarely does. It's a 'Droyism', used simply to confuse, and make hmself appear to be the superior thinker (I know something you don't know!). And now you've seen his predictable response  - surprised? I bet not..........:).

True enough Michael. I should know better.

14 hours ago, paulw66 said:

From memory in 2005 we beat Charlton at home but lost 2 away games. In 2006 we lost the last 2. 

In 2010 we won on the last day

In 2015 we won 1, drew 1, lost 1 of the last 3. 

Ta, Paul. I thought the Watford result might be even more special, given what I thought had happened previously: we still only won 2 of 8, though, so it's bucking the trend (a win on Sunday would be even more so!).

Just seen the highlights for the first time. JT obviously messed up the header, but was Bego doing for their first goal. If he stays at home, that is a very difficult header for Capoue.

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Just seen the highlights for the first time. JT obviously messed up the header, but was Bego doing for their first goal. If he stays at home, that is a very difficult header for Capoue.

Thank you ...I mentioned that earlier but no one took me up on it except Bego got caught neither here nor there. Neither came and either punched away or stayed and blocked one way or another.

Begovic is a dreadful, dreadful keeper. Probably a nice guy but we can do much, much better in terms of a backup keeper.