119 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Because in selecting their televised games, Sky thought they would reschedule our postponed Watford game (a previous FA Cup round game displaced it) to make our run-in as difficult as possible (rest-wise).

Backfired for them when Tottenham lost and we went on and won the league before the game even happened. Eat that, Sky.

In part it backfired because we were rested ahead of the last two games!  

To be fair, it did at least leave a little fun going into the penultimate weekend.  The title is usually over  before the end, TV next weekend is reserved for the relegation battles - and the weekend after for the FA cup!

We may well rest a few tonight then play a full strength side at the weekend in preparation for the final.

Anyone need the games in order to qualify for a medal?

Edited by Holymoly

Just now, Holymoly said:

We may well rest a few tonight then play a full strength side at the weekend in preparation for the final.

May very well be right. Conte will be doing everything he can to win the final. That is his priority. If that means playing the fringe/kids or letting key players play to prepare I have not much of a clue, but for sure we won't be seeing youngsters get 180 minutes. JT will start today, and play some part in the last fixture. Aké, Michy, Chalobah and RLC will most likely play today, and perhaps be rewarded with a first PL start - although it is far from certain that any of the four will be part of next season's squad. Aina, Musonda and Kenedy may be involved, but that is a toss up for me. All of them will be going on loan.

8 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Because in selecting their televised games, Sky thought they would reschedule our postponed Watford game (a previous FA Cup round game displaced it) to make our run-in as difficult as possible (rest-wise).

Backfired for them when Tottenham lost and we went on and won the league before the game even happened. Eat that, Sky.

Thanks for that, I suspected as much, but'd forgotten about the FA Cup re-scheduling.

I don't think we'll see a huge amount of changes, I think Conte will give a rest to key players over the 2 games. I expect one of Hazard or Pedro rested tonight and the other rest next weekend, the same with Alonso and Moses and I imagine Costa will get a rest tonight and Cahill, Luiz and Azpi to get a rest in one of the 2 games as well. I would expect something like this for tonight:

Begovic

Ake Terry Cahill

Aina Kante Chalobah Alonso

Pedro Batshuayi Willian

Bench:
Courtois
Zouma
Azpilicueta
RLC
Kenedy
Hazard
Solanke

I think Conte will want to try and win both the last two games meaning a fairly strong line up in both with a few small tweaks.

1 minute ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think Conte will want to try and win both the last two games meaning a fairly strong line up in both with a few small tweaks.

Yes, I think people are confusing Conte with themselves with some of the selections here....:). Maybe the odd, small change, but that'll be about it, imo. We've got a game to win!

Have a spare season ticket going tonight in East Upper - £50 to one lucky person. Can meet near the ground.

PM me if interested

Conte will definitely want the wins record and also won't want us sleepwalking into the Cup Final.

I expect the lineup to be:

-------------Begovic

(games close together, Courtois' ankle issue, TC to play on Sunday)

---------Ake Terry Cahill

--------Kante Fabregas

Moses ------------------- Alonso

Willian--------------------Hazard (not sure if he'll play)

------------Batshuayi

Obviously not a must-win game but I want that wins record! And it's Chelsea of course!

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

13 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Conte will definitely want the wins record and also won't want us sleepwalking into the Cup Final.

I expect the lineup to be:

-------------Begovic

(games close together, Courtois' ankle issue, TC to play on Sunday)

---------Ake Terry Cahill

--------Kante Fabregas

Moses ------------------- Alonso

Willian--------------------Hazard (not sure if he'll play)

------------Batshuayi

Obviously not a must-win game but I want that wins record! And it's Chelsea of course!

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

I think the better players will get a run out Sunday. Bearing in mind how recent the WBA game was I would make big changes for this:

Bego, Zouma, JT, Ake, Alonso, Moses, Chalobah, Matic, RLC, Willian, Batshuyai

Or maybe rest Alonso and put Ake out there.......