119 posts in this topic

Lee Mason wants shooting for this display , they've kicked us all night long and he's been utterly compliant in it. 

In a division where Andre Mariner is not condemned to a maximum security prison you have to be special to stand out like a seam of gold in a coal mine , but Lee Mason , take a bow son , rank incompetence from start to finish.

We were dominating and if it wasn't for a few defensive slip-ups (JT and Ake) we'd have won this incredibly comfy. 

Willian and Hazard absolutely stunning today. Batsuahyi very good as well. Quite liked Ake and Chalobah although Ake had a mistake or two. He's still not very experienced and it tells in a few key moments. But he s such a talent it'll be criminal to not let him have a go at this level. 

Azpi had a great game also.

Two more wins to go. Come on Chels! 

most wins in a season.....equaled! and one game to go

Funny game. End of season type of game. Terry scores a goal then gives one away. Ake sets up a goal very well then gives one away with odd defending. Most players had a good game just odd moments of defending. Also thought Chalobah looked very good. If he can play week in week out he will grow into a good player.

Edited by chelboy

Well thank god that game wasn't critcal to our season.

I think it is a testament to the manager that the rotation was needed but the players he kept in Hazard and Wilian provided the pressure on Watford that was needed. Our defense wasn't clicking but the threat we retained when attacking meant they weren't constantly tested.

Hopefully Zouma and Ake will be prepared to stick around next season and I think Aina can do a job but we need to hold on to Fabregas for definate.

Now, let's stuff Sunderland 8-0, collect the trophy then on to Arsene's girls and give them a damn good thrashing to round off the season.

22 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Because in selecting their televised games, Sky thought they would reschedule our postponed Watford game (a previous FA Cup round game displaced it) to make our run-in as difficult as possible (rest-wise).

Backfired for them when Tottenham lost and we went on and won the league before the game even happened. Eat that, Sky.

Absolutely, sly sports meddling with games to maximise their product.

We could have played that Watford game ages ago but it was not in their interest for us to potentially open up the gap any further. So they stick it in the last week of the season.

Also, why do we play on the Monday? We could easily play it on Tuesday or Wednesday. We have effectively played twice in one weekends fixture list now that Friday's and Monday's are an established part of a weekend.

If it had gone to the last couple of games the spuds fans would have had every right to be fuming having to play on the Thursday before the final weekend, a complete farce.

It has got to the stage where sly sports can actually have an influence on results and positions in the league. All so they can maximise their profit. They manipulate the schedules to make every game possible mean something, they manufacture the pressure on teams by ensuring rival teams play first.

In the last few weeks of the season there should be some rule which ensures teams fighting for the title or against relegation play at the same time. There should be no advantage, it's no different than the final games in the group stage of cup competitions.

Rant over lol

^^^^^Money, and in particular - TV money, controls the game. Just the way it is, and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Just watched motd and Danny Murphy thinks Hazard would be missed more than Conte if either would leave!.

Another x professional footballer that is clueless and he gets to go on TV!.

About the game,it is very hard to critgue as Gary Neville said.The players were partying on Friday night,we brought in players that haven't had a lot of playing time together etc...but will still won!.

Jt should have cleared for their equallizer but begovic should never have came for it.Ake did a Cahill and I'm sorry I don't rate the lad.In short the defense was a shambles except for Azpi.

We need to upgrade for next year.I am sure Abramovich will provide the funds and I am sure Conte is the right man to utiiise those funds.

The sort of game that highlights why we need another quality CB and why I can see Azpi playing more at WB next season. Thought Ake did solidly overall, aside from a couple of inexperienced moments. Chalobah was solid and good to see him get a run in midfield, his extra mobility to break the line is nice to have. While Michy getting a goal and putting in a solid performance was another positive to see. 

Mixed night for JT, football isn't always kind I suppose. 

Good win nonetheless to maintain momentum, particularly with such rotation.