Michael Tucker

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

339 posts in this topic

Easy enough to realign the dish Johnny. Do mine all the time when the wind blows it out of alignment. You can get a detector online or just do it manually like I do. Scan left and right and up and down slowly til you get a signal. Got to watch it in HD. Will be weird to recognise the players, although I'm getting a dab hand at recognising players from the way they move and where they are standing on the pitch. (Last bit was for Droy, 😉👍.)

1 hour ago, Johnny Blue said:

Ha! Normally I'd be looking forward to watching this in HD (as opposed to a little pixelly blur!), but the builders are in for three months and they've knocked the satellite dish out of line (and there's no point in getting an installer in 'til the work's done, as it'll only happen again).

So, back to my little pixelly blur!

It'll be HD on Freeview if you have an aerial.  BBC1 HD.  (Ask the missus how she watches East Enders in HD)

The cup is great - we don't have Sky HD, just the ordinary version.

Thanks for the tips, no aerial so I'll give Sea foot's idea a go (and yes, I have that same viewing experience: that little black bloke running freneticly around the midfield must be Kante, and that big bloke who trips over his own feet up front must be Costa, and of course that tall skinny chap at the back, kitted out in bright yellow... ).

44 minutes ago, Johnny Blue said:

Thanks for the tips, no aerial so I'll give Sea foot's idea a go (and yes, I have that same viewing experience: that little black bloke running freneticly around the midfield must be Kante, and that big bloke who trips over his own feet up front must be Costa, and of course that tall skinny chap at the back, kitted out in bright yellow... ).

That's Big Bird.  You're watching Sesame Street I'm afraid.  

2 people like this

^ I have heard of Sesame Street, but have never seen it! (The equivalent puppets of my youth were from Fireball XL5, Stingray, Twizzle and Four Feather Falls!)

Fall feather falls. Blimey, that takes me back further than I'm comfortable to go.😃

^ Ah, the joys of being a Pensioner! (Pun intended!)

8 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

^ I have heard of Sesame Street, but have never seen it! (The equivalent puppets of my youth were from Fireball XL5, Stingray, Twizzle and Four Feather Falls!)

Twizzle! Hah, my sanity is restored. Hardly anybody else ever ever admits to hearing of him. I thought he was great and his mate 'Chalky the golliwog'.

On 2017-5-22 at 9:50 AM, McCreadie said:

I think we should start JT and sub him off after 26 minutes just for Garth Crooks' sake.

Is he still around? If he was an animal they'd have 'put him down' years ago.

Darth Crooks must be destroyed for the sake of football.