Michael Tucker

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

339 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, BlueWill said:

Twizzle! Hah, my sanity is restored. Hardly anybody else ever ever admits to hearing of him. I thought he was great and his mate 'Chalky the golliwog'.

Me too.  Once I got to secondary school, even people my own age reckoned there was no such thing as Twizzle.  I must have been a very early TV watcher.

I wonder why they stopped repeating it?  Created by Gerry Anderson, I wonder what he did after that.

Click here only if your are both old and nostalgic.  "I cost two and sixpence.  I'm so expensive that I think I'll have to stay in the toy shop forever".

Edited by Droy was my hero
1 person likes this

Never could abide that sanctimonious Twizzle, far preferred Supercar. Gerry Anderson also created the intriguing Dick Spanner - who was actually a private investigator rather than a tool for ... something or other.

It would be sooo good to win this game!

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, BlueWill said:

Twizzle! Hah, my sanity is restored. Hardly anybody else ever ever admits to hearing of him. I thought he was great and his mate 'Chalky the golliwog'.

I thought her was a she!

Edit: And Droy, that link leads to SO many wonderful clips! There's stuff there I haven't seen in about sixty years!

Edited by Johnny Blue

I dare say the team for this picks itself for the most part. There's probably only three possibilities in terms of where a decision will need to be made between who get the start - Matic or Fabregas in midfield, Pedro or Willian at AM, and to a far lesser extent Costa or Batshuayi. 

I'd be genuinely interested in seeing Michy get the start. He's in form and has done just about more in the last few games than Costa has managed since January. Of course, unlikely to happen, but there has to be some temptation to maybe start him. 

On the plus side, if Costa starts as expected, Michy now gives us an option from the bench if Costa fails to make an impact. So, that's a positive option in itself.

2 hours ago, zaffo said:

I dare say the team for this picks itself for the most part. There's probably only three possibilities in terms of where a decision will need to be made between who get the start - Matic or Fabregas in midfield, Pedro or Willian at AM, and to a far lesser extent Costa or Batshuayi. 

I'd be genuinely interested in seeing Michy get the start. He's in form and has done just about more in the last few games than Costa has managed since January. Of course, unlikely to happen, but there has to be some temptation to maybe start him. 

On the plus side, if Costa starts as expected, Michy now gives us an option from the bench if Costa fails to make an impact. So, that's a positive option in itself.

I wonder why Conte would start with Costa?.Of course I know why - Costa can be sublime as well as ridiculous.batman has scored a few goals recently but is not in the same league as Costa.

Conte is bound to know what is happening to Costa next season,if he knows he's off I would play batman.

This won't be easy. Arsenal have, as others, mimicked our formation and been the better for it. They have a defensive solidity which allows their attacking players to flourish. As with us, it has suited them. If they were stuck in their 4-2-3-1, I'd be very confident, but in the 3-4-3 there is the possibility of a canceling out.

Having said that, we've been using the formation for longer and our players are more used to it. We also have, IMO, the better quality and that tends to make the difference. Also, psychologically, we hold the edge.   

Important, then, to start well. Go ahead in the game and Arsenal will have to chase, leaving gaps behind and their confidence wavering. I think we'll go tried and tested in this one, with Matic and Pedro preferred to Cesc and Willian. The latter two can come on later to exploit the big pitch.

I'ts 10 years on from our FA cup triumph at the 'new' Wembley in 2007. It's time to come full circle. 

I don't think Arsenal have enough centre halves left to play three at the back now . One banned , one injured , one sick. I'm expecting 4-4-2

Sunday's parade has been cancelled 

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Sunday's parade has been cancelled 

Not hugely surprising TBH. Probably sensible.