Michael Tucker

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

339 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, blue moon said:

You win some, you lose some. The Samaritans will be busy in Islington tonight.

it will take two defeats at the start of next season and all the "Wenger out" banners will come out of mothballs. 

This has put a right smile on my face.

Mine's been there since listening to everyone leaving Wembley singing "we want you to stay"

5 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Mine's been there since listening to everyone leaving Wembley singing "we want you to stay"

Never was a stadium so united!

Sad Old Git that I am, it's just dawned on me that my go-to spot on the internet are these Chelsea match threads and that there'll be nothing new here for months. I shall miss the banter!

So, to lighten my gloom, what threads on the regular forum (which I haven't visited in ages) should or could provide me with a similar fix? (Maybe we need to start up a ‘Get Me Through The Summer‘ thread?)

13 minutes ago, Johnny Blue said:

Sad Old Git that I am, it's just dawned on me that my go-to spot on the internet are these Chelsea match threads and that there'll be nothing new here for months. I shall miss the banter!

So, to lighten my gloom, what threads on the regular forum (which I haven't visited in ages) should or could provide me with a similar fix? (Maybe we need to start up a ‘Get Me Through The Summer‘ thread?)

They vary from time to time.

I use this link      http://forums.CFCnet.co.uk/discover/unread/
which is also available on most pages - unread content - top right of page
to get the posts I haven't seen yet across the whole site.
And if you hit the little star at the front of each thread title (much easier with a mouse) you should go straight to the first post still unread by you.

Exactly how I use the site. Never miss a post that way.

Ta. I knew about the star/disc (the latter if I've not posted in that thread, you guys have probably never seen one!).

3 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Exactly how I use the site. Never miss a post that way.

Me too but not always the best.:-)

On 5/27/2017 at 5:07 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Especially now we are the champions again - the refs have turned back against us already.  

Good foresight

On 5/27/2017 at 6:24 PM, GURJ SS said:

The ref watched Sanchez do a blatant handball, if this was an Italian Cup Final, we'd all be saying the ref has been brought off.

It wasn't until watching it the day after I realised just how close the ref was to the handball. Looking right at it and just ignored it. 

On 5/27/2017 at 6:52 PM, Mark Kelly said:

The offside was fair but harsh but shouldn't have got that far in the first half with the handball pushed pass through.

No. It was offside. If Ramsay doesn't go to play it, Courtois just comes out and collects it. 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:07 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

That rule is beyond a joke. Ramsey moves towards the ball and infact stands next to it and then just lets Sanchez kick it. 

Only a moron would say he doesn't interfere with play. 

The rule is a joke but even the way it is written now means it should have been disallowed. A player attempting to play the ball counts as interfering. 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:29 PM, Blue Rod said:

He even shaped up for the ball, then changed his mind. 

Yup, and Courtois can't then come and get it. 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, PeteRobbo said:

But it's not the reason we lost. We just weren't good enough.

True. We had 85 minutes to recover but we didn't turn up. 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:58 PM, chelsea_matt said:

Well we choked. I hate being right. 

The broken clock is right twice a day. 

On 5/27/2017 at 8:15 PM, Ham said:

As usual some ridiculous comments throughout the match day forum.  Their first goal is a blatant handball and we gave them a proper scare with ten men. But for two great saves by Ospina we could have won that. 

But no, the usual suspects conclude that we're an awful team that needs rebuilding. 

Gormangorman and ChelseaMatt you are so negative it pains me to read your posts. 

Get some perspective. Premier League was the main mission and we smashed that. As a club we rightly celebrated that and it's no surprise that arsenal were more up for this than we were as this trophy was everything to them. To us it was a bonus. 

After the effort we put in over 38 games they must have been absolutely spent. Arsenal on the other hand have hardly turned up from august to may.

KTBFFH. 

Nicely summarised. I generally felt they were playing to save their season, whilst we were playing to add a bit of gloss to our already great one. 

On 5/28/2017 at 5:04 PM, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

One last point on yesterday (prefaced by how much I'm emphasising again above all in no way did we deserve anything from that game) watching it back - that Sanchez 'goal' was a steaming pile of total bullsh&t. Amazed that it was given.

It is incredible. Blatant handball with the ref 5 yards away, and then a blatant offside. 

On 5/30/2017 at 0:26 AM, NoblyBobly said:

Until this game I thought we might have turned a corner with refs but I think we could be back to square one next season. Taylor was eagle eyed enough to spot the dive but failed to see a blatant hand ball from 5 yards in his direct line of vision. And the little chat with the lino was about what exactly? ..."Yes Tony he was clearly off side then he ran to address the ball pulling Courtois off his line and sneakily letting Sanchez (who had thrown the ball to him in the first place) nip in to score. To allow that goal would be an outrage but it is Chelsea and I'm not sure the FA wants JT to get his dirty hands on their pride and joy before he retires, so we'll call it a goal". 

Normality resumes.

Yes, I wondered that. In the ground I saw the flag go up straight away and was completely relaxed the goal wasn't going to stand. As soon as the ref starts running over, I knew he would give it as there was nothing to talk about. Why did the ref need to go over? He must have known that Ramsay was the only one that could have been flagged offside by the linesman. It couldn't have been Sanchez as he "played" the ball first of all. It is the ref's call whether Ramsay interfered or not, so what is the conversation about?

I am not one for conspiracies but that goal was nothing less than corrupt. 

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I am not one for conspiracies but that goal was nothing less than corrupt. 

In what way is a goal "corrupt" without it being connected to a conspiracy of some sort or other? Even a conspiracy implemented by a single individual.