Michael Tucker

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

339 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

In what way is a goal "corrupt" without it being connected to a conspiracy of some sort or other? Even a conspiracy implemented by a single individual.

Maybe I am saying there is a conspiracy. 

Nobody is going to convince me that the referee didn't either:

1. see the handball, or

2. know that Ramsay was interfering

I can sympathise with referees when things happen at high speed, or they are unsighted, or conned by a clever dive, but there is not one sensible explanation as to how the ref got both those things so badly wrong. 

I sometimes think that refs confuse being fair and evening it up by helping out the weaker side.

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Maybe I am saying there is a conspiracy. 

Nobody is going to convince me that the referee didn't either:

1. see the handball, or

2. know that Ramsay was interfering

I can sympathise with referees when things happen at high speed, or they are unsighted, or conned by a clever dive, but there is not one sensible explanation as to how the ref got both those things so badly wrong. 

Spot on. There's a dodgy explanation but no one outside of this club will talk about it or or demand an explanation. The lino got it right but was quickly talked out of it. Conspiracy is probably too big a word. Blatant bias probably fits the bill. As mentioned before his eyesight was pretty good for the Moses dive.

Sometimes you just have accept they were the better team on the day.I think referees get it "honestly" wrong more than any conspiracy theory.The rules of the game have never been as full of ambiguity than today - but we deserved to lose against Arsenal no forensics needed.

I really don't think that we need to look for conspiracies or bias -  Taylor (along with Moss) is one of the absolute worst referees in the Prem. Appalling. And I've watched him commit similar atrocities many times. That the goal was awarded is a complete joke of course, but it's typical Taylor - he makes it up as he goes along.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I really don't think that we need to look for conspiracies or bias -  Taylor (along with Moss) is one of the absolute worst referees in the Prem. Appalling. And I've watched him commit similar atrocities many times. That the goal was awarded is a complete joke of course, but it's typical Taylor - he makes it up as he goes along.

Often the voice of reason, MT

It's obviously still very raw. I just find it baffling how it wasn't disallowed for either of the two very clear infringements. 

Well I will say this. Can you imagine if that goal happened up the other end and won us the game. How would the media have reacted to that situation? And reversely, how would they have reacted  if it was an Arsenal player that dived for a pen? And I will ask the question....would that player have been sent off?

Antonio has yet to see the worst of our press or the worse of our reffing. He's in for a treat.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sometimes you just have accept they were the better team on the day.I think referees get it "honestly" wrong more than any conspiracy theory.The rules of the game have never been as full of ambiguity than today - but we deserved to lose against Arsenal no forensics needed.

but a goal in 5 mins doesn't help a performance. And really their first goal needs no forensic examination....hand ball /off side - clear as day. At least Wenger got his contract.

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

Certainly Arsenal were much better on the day.

But refs getting it wrong are supposed to be highlighted by the media and dealt with by the refs association.  Refs getting it wrong with Chelsea get ignored.  So no surprises that they rarely get it wrong against Liverpool or Man U, but consistently get it wrong against Chelsea - there is zero punishment for getting it wrong for us.  No apology to be made publicly, no sending down to the championship for a week.

In fact as the Ramires penalty against WBA showed, getting it right with Chelsea can be more harmful for a refs career than getting it wrong.

49 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Antonio has yet to see the worst of our press or the worse of our reffing. He's in for a treat.

Yes - in that sense lucky to have inherited a team not seen as a threat this season - refs have been closer to fair this season - though still not net in our favour.

I wonder what he will do next season - the JM way of highlighting every error so at least it is in the public domain, if not always helpfully? Or the Ancelotti way, smile and say nothing, and get cheated week in week out.

33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Certainly Arsenal were much better on the day.

But refs getting it wrong are supposed to be highlighted by the media and dealt with by the refs association.  Refs getting it wrong with Chelsea get ignored.  So no surprises that they rarely get it wrong against Liverpool or Man U, but consistently get it wrong against Chelsea - there is zero punishment for getting it wrong for us.  No apology to be made publicly, no sending down to the championship for a week.

In fact as the Ramires penalty against WBA showed, getting it right with Chelsea can be more harmful for a refs career than getting it wrong.

Yes - in that sense lucky to have inherited a team not seen as a threat this season - refs have been closer to fair this season - though still not net in our favour.

I wonder what he will do next season - the JM way of highlighting every error so at least it is in the public domain, if not always helpfully? Or the Ancelotti way, smile and say nothing, and get cheated week in week out.

Don't worry , they all even themselves out over the year , ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha BANG.