Michael Tucker

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

339 posts in this topic

So I guess I am the only one that heard the whistle blow way before the Sanchez' "goal"?

2 hours ago, McCreadie said:

So I guess I am the only one that heard the whistle blow way before the Sanchez' "goal"?

I think you are. You sure about that?

15 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

but a goal in 5 mins doesn't help a performance. And really their first goal needs no forensic examination....hand ball /off side - clear as day. At least Wenger got his contract.

But do you agree arsenal deserved go win?.Honestly we will never progress if we don't get real.

^ Yes, but the issue is, how much did that (ludicrous) goal knock us back? We were pretty hopeless for much of the match, but would we have played like that if it was still 0 -0? We'll never know, we can only opine.

15 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think you are. You sure about that?

I heard the blast of a referee's whistle, which is why I was unconcerned when Sanchez put the ball in the net a couple of seconds later. Quite apart from the offside and the handball.

Thanks. Thought I had been hearing things. You've restored my faith in my ears.

20 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I don't necessarily remember that, but I do remember being completely relaxed the goal wouldn't stand well before the ball was put in the net. Maybe I had heard something, or maybe it was just the linesman's flag. 

On 2017-6-2 at 3:44 PM, paulw66 said:

I don't necessarily remember that, but I do remember being completely relaxed the goal wouldn't stand well before the ball was put in the net. Maybe I had heard something, or maybe it was just the linesman's flag. 

Or maybe it was the blatant handball  by Sanchez.

Like you I didn't think it would stand primarily for the handball and we'd all stopped playing it was so obvious. Some of the others were calling offside, which playing it back in my mind seemed a solid claim, so there were two reasons why I was relaxed. I couldn't believe the ref hadn't seen the hands, hadn't wondered why we'd all stopped and chose to overrule his linesman. That derailled us and put the wind in their sails - without that handicap would we have done better? Yes, without question.

I was in line with it and I also relaxed as to me it looked like the referee immediately called the handball as our players certainly dropped off.

I didn't see the flag until after the ball went in but during the deliberation it seemed to me being in the ground that it was going to be called no goal.

I wasn't surprised when that tool Taylor signaled the goal though he's not at the level required of a top line referee.