Michael Tucker

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

339 posts in this topic

Arsenal have enough forward players who are highly dangerous. With their defensive problems I think they'll go for it - am very very worried about this match. Can see them outgunning us - excuse the pun...😐🙈

5 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Arsenal have enough forward players who are highly dangerous. With their defensive problems I think they'll go for it - am very very worried about this match. Can see them outgunning us - excuse the pun...😐🙈

They certainly ought to try to make a match of it.  They are very mobile.  Still think we will win though.

I think for 3 or 4 seasons now, it has been teams that sit back that struggle against us, and teams that give it a go that are in with a chance.  The last three teams, although all weaker than Arsenal, have basically just given us the game by not pressing outside their own box, and not committing men forward.

19 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

You worry about every match Matt, but then so do I!

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

They certainly ought to try to make a match of it.  They are very mobile.  Still think we will win though.

I think for 3 or 4 seasons now, it has been teams that sit back that struggle against us, and teams that give it a go that are in with a chance.  The last three teams, although all weaker than Arsenal, have basically just given us the game by not pressing outside their own box, and not committing men forward.

Every season  I think , maybe this year Arsenal will utilise their speed and direct play and hurt us by being up for it and every year Wenger starts Giroud instead of Walcott , iirc the time that he did use his head instead they beat us.

Personally I'll be amazed if we don't whoop them.

Chelsea have cancelled the victory parade on Sunday.

Only right, proper and respectful.

57 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

They finished 18 points behind us. They have virtually no centre backs available. 

The only player they have who would get in our team is Sanchez. 

Take care of him and the game is a breeze. 

43 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Chelsea have cancelled the victory parade on Sunday.

Only right, proper and respectful.

The press and oppo fans will find away of putting a negative spin on it.  

34 minutes ago, Ham said:

The press and oppo fans will find away of putting a negative spin on it.  

Everything I've read so far suggests they agree with both clubs (Arsenal have said they won't hold a parade should they win, and they've cancelled showing the game on screens at The Emirates). It's eminently sensible to a) not put people needlessly at risk and b) divert police resources when they're needed elsewhere. 

17 hours ago, zaffo said:

I dare say the team for this picks itself for the most part. There's probably only three possibilities in terms of where a decision will need to be made between who get the start - Matic or Fabregas in midfield, Pedro or Willian at AM, and to a far lesser extent Costa or Batshuayi. 

I'd be genuinely interested in seeing Michy get the start. He's in form and has done just about more in the last few games than Costa has managed since January. Of course, unlikely to happen, but there has to be some temptation to maybe start him. 

On the plus side, if Costa starts as expected, Michy now gives us an option from the bench if Costa fails to make an impact. So, that's a positive option in itself.

That bolded bit is a tad hyperbolic. But I suppose you said it for effect and not because you actually think that? Of course Bats hasn't done more than Costa since January. He's scored a few over the last two games. But let's not forget he did it under minimal pressure and has a long way to perform the way Costa has done for us this season. 

He may have promise but at this point in time it's just that - promise. I'd be utterly disappointed should he start the Cup final. 

29 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

That bolded bit is a tad hyperbolic. But I suppose you said it for effect and not because you actually think that? Of course Bats hasn't done more than Costa since January. He's scored a few over the last two games. But let's not forget he did it under minimal pressure and has a long way to perform the way Costa has done for us this season. 

He may have promise but at this point in time it's just that - promise. I'd be utterly disappointed should he start the Cup final. 

Actually "the way Costa has played for us for half of this season" would have been more accurate. Also, it's factually correct that Michy has done better in the past three games than Costa since January if you're counting goals.

It's up for discussion whether he would have scored those goals had the pressure still been on.