30 posts in this topic

This thread is to cover aspects of the 2017-2018 Pre-Season activity and campaign. It is not a a pace to post transfer rumours, but confirmed new signings/departures/player swaps, etc., are of course, more than welcome. Anyone who has information/questions regarding any pre-season tours, etc., please feel free to share them here.

To kick us off then, here are the confirmed pre-season fixtures so far, including dates, locations, and where available, tv information.

PRE-SEASON 2017/18 FIXTURES

Sat 22 Jul Arsenal v Chelsea, Bird’s Nest Stadium, Beijing; 12.40pm

Tue 25 Jul Bayern Munich v Chelsea, National Stadium, Singapore; 12.35pm

Sat 29 Jul Internazionale v Chelsea, National Stadium, Singapore; 12.35pm

Sun 6 Aug Arsenal v Chelsea, FA Community Shield, Wembley; 4pm

All kick-offs UK time. The pre-season matches in the Far East will be broadcast live on Chelsea TV HD. The Community Shield will be live on BT Sport.

Does anyone know when the players are back in training? I ask as it looks as if we only have four games and three weeks of matches before the season starts. I only raise this as it reminds.me of the preseason to 15/16 where it was also very short and we started the season as if we had not had one.

^^^^^^

Nothing official from the club, atm.

Academy pre-season fixtures confirmed

news Fri 9 Jun 2017

Several fixtures have been confirmed for our development squad and youth team as pre-season plans are finalised.

Joe Edwards will take the reins of our development squad in 2017/18 and his preparations for the new campaign begin on Saturday 15 July with a Cobham friendly against Southend United. A Chelsea XI will also be in action on the same afternoon at Crawley Town, with tickets available for just £1 from Monday 26 June by calling 01293 410 000.

Supporters can also watch our youngsters in action at Aldershot Town on Wednesday 19 July by purchasing tickets on the door, as well as at Lewes’s Dripping Pan Stadium on Saturday 22 July. Tickets for the Lewes game must be purchased in advance via this link, subject to availability.

Our Treble-winning Under-18s will be led once again by Jody Morris and will take on Southampton, Southend United, Copenhagen, Portsmouth and Colchester United. The league season for both the Premier League 2 and Under-18 Premier League is set to begin on Saturday 12 August.

The full schedule for both age groups is outlined below. Please note spectators will not be admitted to games at Cobham.

Pre-season fixtures

Date Time Opposition Venue

Sat 15 July

3pm

Chelsea XI v Crawley Town

Away - Checkatrade Stadium

Sat 15 July

12noon

Development Squad v Southend

Home - Cobham

Sat 15 July

2pm

U18 v Southampton

Home - Cobham

Wed 19 July

1pm

U18 v Southend

Home - Cobham

Wed 19 July

7pm

Development Squad v Aldershot

Away - EBB Stadium

Sat 22 July

3pm

Development Squad v Lewes

Away - Dripping Pan Stadium

Wed 26 July

TBC

Development Squad v Hertha Berlin

Away - TBC

Wed 26 July

2pm

U18 v Copenhagen

Away - TBC

Sat 29 July

6pm

Chelsea XI v Bergerac

Away - Stade Gaston Simounet

Sat 29 July

11am

U18 v Portsmouth

Away - Portsmouth University

Sat 5 August

11am

Development Squad v Fulham

Away - Motspur Park

Sat 5 August

12noon

U18 v Colchester

Home - Cobham

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Does anyone know when the players are back in training? I ask as it looks as if we only have four games and three weeks of matches before the season starts. I only raise this as it reminds.me of the preseason to 15/16 where it was also very short and we started the season as if we had not had one.

I read somewhere that Christensen had been asked to report back "like all the others" on 7th July.

Edited by McCreadie
More

8 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I read somewhere that Christensen had been asked to report back "like all the others" on 7th July.

I was about to post the same in reply to Conte Kante. Seems odd they've chosen a Friday, though.

On 6/11/2017 at 3:01 AM, Conte Kante said:

Yeah, just the 3 friendlies before the Community Shield. That seems way too little. Surely we'll add a few more? Maybe we can squeeze one in before we head to Asia. 

On 6/11/2017 at 11:38 AM, Bob Singleton said:

I was about to post the same in reply to Conte Kante. Seems odd they've chosen a Friday, though.

They are there to prepare the kebabs for saturdays pre season get together bbq

Posted (edited)

On 2017-6-11 at 11:38 AM, Bob Singleton said:

Surely it's not unknown for footballers to work over the weekend?

Edited by chiswickblue