30 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Surely it's not unknown for footballers to work over the weekend?

Obviously not... it's just that in past seasons pre-season training has tended to start on a Monday or Tuesday (I know because I was often stationed on the road outside the training ground from about 7.00am taking photos of the manager, staff and players arriving for my news wire)

Anyone know when Community Shield tickets go on sale?

If I was a player it's going to feel weird if Costa is still around training knowing he's not in the managers plans.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Obviously not... it's just that in past seasons pre-season training has tended to start on a Monday or Tuesday (I know because I was often stationed on the road outside the training ground from about 7.00am taking photos of the manager, staff and players arriving for my news wire)

I'm completely guessing, but perhaps they go in on the Friday for medical tests and admin and start training proper on the Monday?

Fixture announced. Difficult start to the season (surprise surprise), while the run-in isn't the easiest either. One redeeming aspect is a fairly favourable Christmas/New Years period (in fact the whole of December aren't bad tbh). 

10 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Fixture announced. Difficult start to the season (surprise surprise), while the run-in isn't the easiest either. One redeeming aspect is a fairly favourable Christmas/New Years period (in fact the whole of December aren't bad tbh). 

That start is horrific. If we do not hit the ground running we could be out of the title race by the end of Oct.

1 minute ago, zaffo said:

Tottenham (a), Everton (h), City (h) and Arsenal (h) all in the first ten games. Home to United in the 11th!

A couple of tough fixtures bunched together with late February/early March seeing consecutive London derbies at home against West Ham and Spurs and then two games away at City and Manchester United (all falling around the same time as the KO rounds in the CL, if I'm not mistaken).

Could have been better...

Just now, Conte Kante said:

That start is horrific. If we do not hit the ground running we could be out of the title race by the end of Oct.

It's not horrific, as we should be winning our home games, but it's quite tricky, especially without Hazard for the first month or so. The rest of the way is pretty good though so if we're there or thereabouts after the first 7 games, we'll be in good shape. 

We have back to back away games against Manchester clubs.  That should be fun.

^ particularly if we whup 'em!