• Current Donation Goals

If we wanted a wake up call to the board regarding squad strength then the two Manchester games around the last sixteen of the Champions League should suffice.

No wonder Mourinho complains that we don't help the teams fighting in European competition and we all know if we don't excell in both fronts our detractors in the media will be desperate to downplay our success this year or get Conte out or both.

Dingus   

3 TV matches in the first 7 weeks including not being on the first weekend of the season....?!

And they wonder why people find alternate measures to watch games these days.

Ham   
6 hours ago, Dingus said:

3 TV matches in the first 7 weeks including not being on the first weekend of the season....?!

And they wonder why people find alternate measures to watch games these days.

I have no idea what you mean 🤔

Feds please note.

Explains that hot air balloon that passed over the Bridge last season, though

We're not far (24 hours, is it?) from jetting out of Heathrow to start our Asia pre-season games, and the traveling squad hasn't been announced yet, as far as I can tell. The club seem to be cutting things fine with just about everything this pre-season. 

I think the first pre-season game was quite revealing, in as much as a small squad can reveal:

1) 3-4-3 will be continued with, and I don't see why not. FA cup aside, we ended the season on a winning streak so there's really no reason to start the season with a different formation.

2) The starting XI, keeper aside, will most likely be the same for Burnley at home. Neither Bakayoko or Hazard will be ready, and I doubt any new striker will be in place in time (unless one is signed within the next week or so). 

3) We barely have a bench at the moment. Rudiger (when back) and Christensen are usable and that's about it. Kenedy and Baker may have roles to play in order to fill out the bench. Is Baba back in training? The weather in Asia for the rest of pre-season is going to be hot and humid. We cannot afford injuries to our core 13-14 players so we need bodies to rotate. 

Juni   
3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

We're not far (24 hours, is it?) from jetting out of Heathrow to start our Asia pre-season games, and the traveling squad hasn't been announced yet, as far as I can tell. The club seem to be cutting things fine with just about everything this pre-season. 

They've tended to confirm it upon landing in recent years as I recall.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/08/touchdown-in-germany.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/champions-touchdown-in-canada-.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/touchdown-in-turkey.html

11 hours ago, Juni said:

Oh well, there you go then - Juni to the rescue! Thanks.