• Current Donation Goals

Cristian Cuevas has joined up with the squad in Singapore. For anyone who doesn't know, Cuevas is a young left back/left winger. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Cristian Cuevas has joined up with the squad in Singapore. For anyone who doesn't know, Cuevas is a young left back/left winger. 

Just a like-for-like replacement for Kenedy, who has been sent home. Given no replacement from the 'loan army' was sent out to replaced the injured Pedro, should we read anything into this? Probably not.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Just a like-for-like replacement for Kenedy, who has been sent home. Given no replacement from the 'loan army' was sent out to replaced the injured Pedro, should we read anything into this? Probably not.

Yes, in one way just a replacement for Kenedy, but imo a better player (based on what I've seen of him, which surely isn't definitive) and perhaps more importantly, a genuine fullback. What I find strange tbh, is that they've brought him out at this stage of things - lot's of travel, a few days training, and maybe a few minutes playing (or, not)? 

7 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes, in one way just a replacement for Kenedy, but imo a better player (based on what I've seen of him, which surely isn't definitive) and perhaps more importantly, a genuine fullback. What I find strange tbh, is that they've brought him out at this stage of things - lot's of travel, a few days training, and maybe a few minutes playing (or, not)? 

I've not seen enough of Cuevas to know if he's better than Kenedy or not... I'll take your word for it that he is. One thing's for sure; he'll be very wary of what he posts on Twitter or Instagram!!! LOL 

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Brought to make up the numbers in training I reckon.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

^ He is now 22.  A late call up in more than one sense.

Yup. He has no future with us whatsoever. 

46 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Brought to make up the numbers in training I reckon.

Long and expensive way to travel for a guy to simply make up the numbers, I'd have though.

Yup. He has no future with us whatsoever. 

Yup. Whatever.

Juni   

In amongst the great many reasons for Cuevas going out there is that he has no work permit to play in the UK, so hasn't played in any of the Dev Squad's friendlies (he's been involved in behind closed doors matches as you can play in those without one). Better to have him there serving a purpose than twiddling his thumbs back home.

47 minutes ago, Juni said:

In amongst the great many reasons for Cuevas going out there is that he has no work permit to play in the UK, so hasn't played in any of the Dev Squad's friendlies (he's been involved in behind closed doors matches as you can play in those without one). Better to have him there serving a purpose than twiddling his thumbs back home.

That makes sense. I was looking at his record on loan, and other than at Sint-Truiden, he really hasn't played much, has he? I wonder if we bought him as a favour to keep an agent sweet who had a more higher profile player we were interested in?

15 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

That makes sense

Does it though? He gets on a plane, travels thousands of miles, gets a few training sessions under his belt (if that), maybe a few minutes (or not) in our final tour game, then gets on another plane to travel thousands of miles back to Cobham (where he's apparently already been playing behind-closed-doors games anyway! I wonder what purpose that actually serves?