• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, Juni said:

In amongst the great many reasons for Cuevas going out there 

Yeah, probably many reasons.  I think just underlining that Kenedy was kicked out and replaced is a good message to send for both the local Chinese media and to the players.

Zoowraa   

Seeing Cuevas name mentioned reminded me, whatever happened to Wallace ?? Highly touted, did OK on tour match , then went to Inter on loan (2 years ago ?) didn't feature and never been heard of since.

Sciatika   

Wallace is on loan at Gremio, I think.

The other young Brazilian we signed just before signing Kenedy, was Nathan (an attacking midfielder who could also switch to the wings, if needed). He was loaned to Vitesse a couple of season's ago, and seemed to be doing OK, but we never hear about him now, and he's not been involved in the pre-season at Cobham or the tours (that I can recall). From what I remember, he was supposed to be a bit special. 

23 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Wallace is on loan at Gremio, I think.

Pretty sure that his Gremio loan was ended after he fell out of favour for first team selection. Don't know what's happened with him since, though.

Loan stable members Nathan, Wallace, Cuevas, Rodríguez, Angban and possibly Delac don't have UK work permits so can't play in formal friendlies meaning we're only likely to see them if pictures of the loan group training end up online (unlikely) or if they're used as training cones for the first team.

The Inter game is therefore likely to be the last time Cuevas is seen in a Chelsea shirt.

There's a small chance some of them will play in Bergerac on Saturday as it's described as a Chelsea XI rather than the development team.

xCELERYx   

There was a photo of Nathan the other week in one of the new Nike kits. Doubt it holds much significance though.

Juni   
10 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Loan stable members Nathan, Wallace, Cuevas, Rodríguez, Angban and possibly Delac don't have UK work permits so can't play in formal friendlies meaning we're only likely to see them if pictures of the loan group training end up online (unlikely) or if they're used as training cones for the first team.

The Inter game is therefore likely to be the last time Cuevas is seen in a Chelsea shirt.

There's a small chance some of them will play in Bergerac on Saturday as it's described as a Chelsea XI rather than the development team.

Can confirm the Bergerac game will be a mix of loan group and Dev Squad.

Nathan, Rodriguez and Cuevas have played in the 'Chelsea XI' games at Cobham against Brentford B/Southend etc; Angban has been injured I think, not sure Wallace has even come back to Chelsea this summer (but he's not at Gremio), and Delac has been at Cobham but hasn't played at all for anyone yet.

Zoowraa   
4 hours ago, Juni said:

Can confirm the Bergerac game will be a mix of loan group and Dev Squad.

Nathan, Rodriguez and Cuevas have played in the 'Chelsea XI' games at Cobham against Brentford B/Southend etc; Angban has been injured I think, not sure Wallace has even come back to Chelsea this summer (but he's not at Gremio), and Delac has been at Cobham but hasn't played at all for anyone yet.

Jeez Delac still on the books!? He must be coming up for a testimonial soon surely?