• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our 2018 Pre-Season International Champions Cup match  against Arsenal at Beijing Bird's Nest Stadium before, during and after the game. Individual match day threads will be opened for comment with plenty of time for everyone to get involved. 

Even though these are pre-season friendlies, the Moderators will still be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:40, Saturday 22nd July 2017, local Beijing time/date (12:40pm UK time). 

Ham   

Must win game.  3 points a must. 

• Like 1

Galol   

Indeed, this is the defining game of our new season. We must win it!

Edited by Galol

We owe them.

So, the tour squad is:

Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo, Bulka, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Christensen, Kalas, Clarke-Salter, Tomori, Alonso, Moses, Boga, Baker, Fabregas, Kante, Pasalic, Scott, Kenedy, Musonda Jr, Pedro, Willian, Batshuayi, with Rüdiger to join up later in the tour. 25 in total.

Frightening.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, the tour squad is:

Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo, Bulka, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Christensen, Kalas, Clarke-Salter, Tomori, Alonso, Moses, Boga, Baker, Fabregas, Kante, Pasalic, Scott, Kenedy, Musonda Jr, Pedro, Willian, Batshuayi, with Rüdiger to join up later in the tour. 25 in total.

I think we can delete 9 of those names now, as they will play no role in the 17/18 squad.
Pasilic too  is unlikely I suspect to be part of the squad , though he may be good enough.
Then there are 2 reserve GS in there, and 5 CBs.

That gives us a team of 11, 2 extra GKs, 2 extra CBs and Pasalic for the trip, with Baka and Hazard to join later.

Come the Community Shield,, the first 11  are going to be knackered already.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we can delete 9 of those names now, as they will play no role in the 17/18 squad.

Well, you could be correct. I did say 'tour squad'.

Sciatika   

We need to spend the whole time leading up to the game emphasising that this fixture does not matter because 1) its pre-season and 2) its only Arsenal (meh). But Conte needs to make sure the players know there is no such thing as a "friendly" against Arsenal. Its OK to draw/lose to Bayern and Inter in pre-season, but not to Arsenal at any time.