Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Arsenal 1 (1-4 pens)

331 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our 2018 FA Community Shield match against Arsenal at Wembley Stadium before, during and after the game. Individual match day threads will be opened for comment with plenty of time for everyone to get involved. 

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The start time for the match has been moved to 2pm, Sunday 6th August 2017 (UK time/date). 

For those here who can't get to the match, it will be shown live on BT Sport in the UK.

In Australia there are 2 options: beINSPORTS1 or ESPN, both starting at 10:55pm EDST. 

Posted (edited)

One week to go now until the season starts. Squad still very much incomplete, and Hazard and Bakayoko are expected to be out for a few more weeks. Therefore, barring no new signings, the team actually picks itself at the moment. 

Courtois

Azpi Luiz Cahill

Moses Cesc Kanté Alonso

Pedro Batshuayi Willian

Morata could of course start here, but suspect Conte will go for familiarity - same team that started when we won 3-0 one week ago. Christensen, Rudiger and Musonda are the rest of the first team squad players available for this which shows how extremly thin we are at the moment. Two players out with injury is not exactly an extraordinary situation either. 

Really want to win this one, to remove any resemblance two the anti season two years ago.

Edited by jones

Not convinced Pedro will be ready so I suspect he will play Willian-Bats-Morata even though it is a WIP.

5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Not convinced Pedro will be ready so I suspect he will play Willian-Bats-Morata even though it is a WIP.

Understand what you'e saying, but for me you either play Morata as the striker, or you put him on the bench. Same with Batshuayi. From what I've seen so far, they don't go together well, particularly when you're shunting your expensive new striker out wide where he looks lost. 

True. Part of me would like to see two up front with 5 in midfield such as:

----------------Bats--Morata

Alonso--Willian--Cesc--Kante--Moses

Or stay withj 3-4-3 and push Willian forward into a 10 role behind the two up front

Hopefully Morata is played as a striker. He looks lost on the wing

We're going to stick with the 3-4-3, seeing as we haven't tried the 3-5-2 for a single minute in pre-season.

If Pedro isn't available, I'm afraid that means Morata wide left due to a lack of other options. That, and the make shift bench just shows how thin a squad we have. 

I reckon we'll see;

Courtois

Azpi Luiz Cahill (C)

Moses Kante Fabregas Alonso

Willian Bats Morata

Bench: 

Caballero

Christensen

Rudiger

Pedro

Boga

Musonda

Not sure who the 7th bench player will be. 

The team picks itself , no strength in depth , no options anywhere. Hope nobody gets injured.