• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Arsenal 1 (1-4 pens)

3 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

Pray God this never happens. I can only presume your basing this off the back of 20mins of pre season action.

Well of course.  How many times do normal football fans watch Roma in a season?

Interesting to take a look at Lacazette this season as he looked distinctly unimpressive this pre season and they spent a fair chunk on him to be honest.

Arsenal have stagnated so badly as a club. Its like groundhog day every season for them for quite a while now. 

21 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Struggling to field a team thanks to the board...don't think Pedro will be on the bench, think Boga or Musonda will start on left and Morata will be on the bench

Really doubt Conte sees Boga or Musonda as serious options. Morata will likely start on the left if Pedro is unavailable.

17 hours ago, jones said:

Moses was sent off in the FA Cup final. Is he out for this one or Burnley?

15 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Move Aspi across to RWB and play Rudiger-Luiz-Cahill at the back?

Definitely. Makes our bench even thinner:

Caballero, Christensen, Tomori, Baker, Boga, Musonda, Remy?

It's frightening. 

jones   

Musonda I think will be as serious an option as Christensen this season. Against Inter he showed what kind of impact he can make, beating players, creating space and imbalance in the opposition's defence.

Despite being decent in pre-season, Boga will go on loan, as there is little point in having two youngsters in "fringe" roles in the same position. Same with Baker. Tomori for me is a bigger talent than the likes of Clarke-Salter and Aina, and surely needs a loan where he can play week in week out.

If there is one wild card in that group, it is Remy. Wouldn't rule him out staying even if I wouldn't put my money on it.

On 13/06/2017 at 11:53 PM, Michael Tucker said:

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our 2018 FA Community Shield match against Arsenal at Wembley Stadium before, during and after the game. Individual match day threads will be opened for comment with plenty of time for everyone to get involved. 

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 4pm, Sunday 6th August 2017 (UK time/date). 

I've just read that the game has been moved to a 2.00pm kick off in order not to clash with the Women's Euro 2017 Final, which kicks off at 5.00pm

Ham   

Take a look at @ChelseaFC's Tweet:

On 31/07/2017 at 2:40 PM, jones said:

Moses was sent off in the FA Cup final. Is he out for this one or Burnley?

According to reports I've been reading today, the FA have confirmed that the Community Shield is deemed a 'friendly' so both Moses for us and Koscielny for Arsenal are eligible to play. It means Moses misses the Burnley game instead.

11 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I've just read that the game has been moved to a 2.00pm kick off in order not to clash with the Women's Euro 2017 Final, which kicks off at 5.00pm

Thanks Bob, the change has been made above.

7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

According to reports I've been reading today, the FA have confirmed that the Community Shield is deemed a 'friendly' so both Moses for us and Koscielny for Arsenal are eligible to play. It means Moses misses the Burnley game instead.

A friendly?? The Man United idiot that lives next door to me tells me has a new highly regarded system of calculating a teams success over a season that everyone agrees with.

Community Shield =  1 point

League Cup = 2 points

FA Cup = 3 points

Europa League  = 4 points

Premier League = 5 points

Champions League = 6 points

He has therefore calculated that Man U have just had a better season than us.  

kev61   

If pre - season is anything to go by,Liverpool have the league sewn up.They were majestic in the disposing of Bayern who we struggled against..Of course pre - season means little - but in fairness Liverpool looked balanced and technically very good.