Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Arsenal 1 (1-4 pens)

331 posts in this topic

So FA correct themselves and state that Moses is suspended for Burnley and not this one. Gives Rüdiger another week to prepare for his debut then.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:57 PM, kev61 said:

If pre - season is anything to go by,Liverpool have the league sewn up.They were majestic in the disposing of Bayern who we struggled against..Of course pre - season means little - but in fairness Liverpool looked balanced and technically very good.

Bayern have lost 5 of their 6 pre season games.  

If it aint broke dont fix it. One thing I worry about is our new siginings not having premier league experience. We were lucky that Alonso and Luiz had previous premiership experience and of course Kante had it the previous year with leicester. Our only player with no prem experience (Batshuayi) had a tough time adapting. Even pedro was shyte his first year. You can see a difference with Jose getting Matic and Lukaku, they both know what the league is about. But hey we bought a striker for 50M with lots of prem goals and experience (Torres) and was sh*t for us except ofcourse that faithful nght, so what do I know 

8 hours ago, Don Antonio said:

Bayern have lost 5 of their 6 pre season games.  

They did manage to scrape to victory against one shambolic lot of wasters though.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Conte - Hazard and Bakayoko aren't available (and won't make the Burnley game either) - everyone else is ok to play on Sunday.

Edited by Dingus

12 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Conte - Hazard and Bakayoko aren't available (and won't make the Burnley game either) - everyone else is ok to play on Sunday.

Pedro even?  That is good

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pedro even?  That is good

Not sure........

From the press conference:

He was also asked about the possibility of Alvaro Morata and Michy Batshuayi playing alongside each other against the Gunners.

‘In this moment it could be an option,’ Conte added. ‘When you have Hazard injured, Pedroinjured and only Willian, I don’t see other options. For this reason I tried the combination of the two players. For sure, Alvaro wants to play as a number nine but with his characteristics he could play number 10.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Not sure........

From the press conference:

He was also asked about the possibility of Alvaro Morata and Michy Batshuayi playing alongside each other against the Gunners.

‘In this moment it could be an option,’ Conte added. ‘When you have Hazard injured, Pedroinjured and only Willian, I don’t see other options. For this reason I tried the combination of the two players. For sure, Alvaro wants to play as a number nine but with his characteristics he could play number 10.

I love Conte to bits, but I really hate the way he treats our youth. Its like they are invisible to him. We have in his words Hazard and Pedro out, but he won't give Boga or Musonda a chance. When will they ever get a chance? Playing Morata on the wings is just leaving him open to ridicule by the English press which could lead to a Torres situation of unfair pressure. I say start Boga or Musonda and give Morata time off the bench. Batshuayi had to earn his stripes and so should Alvaro.

Edited by Michael Tucker
Attention to your spelling & punctuation, please.
1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Don Antonio said:

I love Conte to bits, but I really hate the way he treats our youth. Its like they are invisible to him. We have in his words Hazard and Pedro out, but he won't give Boga or Musonda a chance. When will they ever get a chance? Playing Morata on the wings is just leaving him open to ridicule by the English press which could lead to a Torres situation of unfair pressure. I say start Boga or Musonda and give Morata time off the bench. Batshuayi had to earn his stripes and so should Alvaro.

There's two options. Either stick with 343 and use the kids from the start. Or potentially reshuffle a little and in turn put out a potentially stronger side in a 352. Either way, we're going to have difficulties once it comes to making changes and this will likely result in these kids getting an opportunity anyway.