• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea Sign Tiemoue Bakayako

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Imo, Bakayoko is a box-to-box midfielder. He's certainly not a CB, and I can't see him becoming one any time soon. 

He is too immobile to be a box to box midfielder as he does not make enough runs and that is before we get too his shooting. He will end up like Mikel in my book.

14 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

He is too immobile to be a box to box midfielder as he does not make enough runs and that is before we get too his shooting. He will end up like Mikel in my book.

Possibly. But one of the reasons that he doesn't make 'enough' runs (in your opinion), is the position he's been selected in (often as another Kante, which he isn't) - surely? He came to us injured, took a fair while to approach fitness, and is adapting to both the Prem, and Conte's selections - it can't have been easy. I'm happy to wait and see how he develops before writing him off.

28 minutes ago, kev61 said:

A jack Russell could be a box- to box midfielder when chasing a ball.doesn't mean they can play football at the highest level.

Kev, you and a few others here have simply made up your mind about the guy (from very early on). I'm happy to give him a fair chance. We've seen recent improvement in  his game, and I hope that continues - for his sake, and the club's.

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Possibly. But one of the reasons that he doesn't make 'enough' runs, is the position he's been selected in - surely? He came to us injured, and is adapting to both the Prem, and Conte's selections - it can't have been easy. I'm happy to wait and see how he develops before writing him off.

I will admit he needs a season to adjust and I have not completely written him off. However, the way he is playing at the moment is very similar to how he played last season and a number of fundermental aspects of his game need improvement - passing probably being the biggest. Personally I am still a bit amazed we brought him as I have not actually seen him have a 'great' game. As for his running off the ball I am in a fourtunant position where I have a season ticket and go to a lot of away games and, injury or not, he does move off the ball the way you need a box to box midfielder to move as he strolls around too much and does not break ahead of the ball. Next time you get to a game (if you can) watch him when he is off the ball. As for his position, in the 352 formation he has essentially been playing the No.8 role so he has had that opportunity. 

jangz   
2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Not true .. in fact in so many games he has been in great shooting positions.. if anything his finishing let's him down constantly.. 

I don't think he has the vision of a SFL or a Steve G.. I look at him more as an Essien type of a player.. but I think his work rate and ability to see danger are a serious oroblem

Kezza   

I don't even see him getting involved in games or have an impact. This is a player who is supposed to be a midfield enforcer eith his physical presence making forward runs. Instead I see Kante doing even more of that and Baka just shying away from tackling and physical contact. What nonsense?

I think Conte is trolling the board by playing him now.

It is possible that a bit of Conte is thinking "there you go Chelsea board. This is what you got me as a replacement for Matic...enjoy!". Conte is a good manager, surely he can see what's happening to Bakayoko? Mind you I thought Jose could see what Ivanovic was doing to his job prospects and the teams but I got that wrong.