• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea Sign Tiemoue Bakayako

28 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

Everyone's favorite scapegoat of the moment.

Positives: Athleticism. Can get up and down the pitch. Good height and uses it well. Can tackle (yes, he does foul but overall a good tackler). Has good pace for a CM and from a pure athleticism consideration best compliments Kante in a 2 man midfield (343 or other variants).

Negatives: Overall skill level is below par relative to requirements on all fronts. Overall tactical awareness needs improvement. 

My 0.5 year verdict: The potential is definitely there and while he has a slow start to his CFC career, the young man requires patience and continued work off and on the training pitch. In a weird way, he reminds of the Sallah and KDB situations, two players who looked out of sorts on the team but after a few years elsewhere are now tearing up the league with one or the other, barring injuries, a certain bet for player of the season. Ironically, I feel he has more upside than Drinkwater and fits Conte's philosophy better notwithstanding that DD has played a bit better so far. The good thing for me so far is I see a player still working hard for the team notwithstanding the criticisms. His head has not dropped. As long as he keeps working hard, I feel his overall performances will improve over the next series of games.

I thought he was pretty good against Norwich until Kante came on.

I thought he was pretty good during the first few games of the season before Kante was back .

I think he cannot play with Kante and cannot get to grips with Kantes swashbuckling  style , never quite sure where Kante needs him to be .

A bit of a conundrum for Conte to go with two totally different styles of striker and a squad thinner than my hair.

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I thought he was pretty good against Norwich until Kante came on.

I thought he was pretty good during the first few games of the season before Kante was back .

I think he cannot play with Kante and cannot get to grips with Kantes swashbuckling  style , never quite sure where Kante needs him to be .

Against Norwich I thought he was very poor, considering he was playing the kind of role he did well in (in Kante's place) earlier this seaason  - as you point out.
After Kante came on it was like we were down to 10 men/9men/8men and his dog, spot.  He was wandering around but no one would pass to him, while the very motivated Morata and the ever eager Kante were like jackals to the ball and the guy in between was just a spectator.

He's a CB.