Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea Sign Tiemoue Bakayako

15 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Bakayako could also now open up a real ability to play 352 in the manner Conte did with Juventus. 

Fabregas plays the role Pirlo did, while he can now be flanked on either side by athletic and mobile players in Kante and Bakayako. Then if we remain 343 and just use two CM's we've got two mobile ball winners to provide protection and control the midfield.

A midfield of Bakayoko-Fabregas-Kante is incredibly exciting and something I would love to see happen. The worry being we just don't have the numbers in midfield or upfront to play 352, at the moment.

14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Last summer there were only two midfield signings I wanted us to make - Verratti and Kante. 

This summer there were also only two midfield signings I wanted us to make - Verratti and Bakayoko. 

Really excited by him. Think he's a mix between Ballack and Essien. Great technique, awesome power and drive and should be a real threat on the quick counter we love to utilise. 

Him and Kante will be awesome together. I also think Rudiger has a very similar physical side being quick, strong and dynamic. I like the profile of the players we've signed so far. More steel, stronger and quicker. 

If we can make another 5-6 signings to the same standard we'll be golden. 

Agree with this 100%, I was the same as you with the midfielders I wanted the club to sign, both this year and last. I'm absolutely amazed that some on here don't seem to rate the guy. He is a monster and at 22 will only get better and better.

I don't think the argument, which some on here have used, that he goes missing in games is fair either. I've seen every  top player in the world, including Messi and Ronaldo go missing in big games and it's one of my biggest criticisms of Hazard. Players can't be 100% at it 100% of the time.

He will take the premier league by storm and we will absolutely dominate pretty much every midfield we come up against.

Edited by Martin1905

This looks a very exciting signing, but I don't know anything about him apart from 'the Monaco story' of last season. So what's he like? Big price tag again though!!

Good to read people's positives comments here. I've only watched him once and he tried too hard and I've also heard people say he's nothing special. But still young and it sounds like the talent is there!

3 hours ago, cii99mn1 said:

Good to read people's positives comments here. I've only watched him once and he tried too hard and I've also heard people say he's nothing special. But still young and it sounds like the talent is there!

Nothing special?! That's a lot of money for something not very special! Hoping the club knows what it's doing more than that.

15 hours ago, cii99mn1 said:

The main concern from people like me is his habit of disappearing from games and his passing and positional awareness. If I am being honest, before he signed I was a bit iffy on him but now he has I have a really good feeling and excited. Lets hope my gut beats my head!