• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea Sign Tiemoue Bakayako

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Kind of reminds me of a much less athletic version of Ramires. Not yet entirely convinced to be honest.

Ouch. A much less athletic version of Ramires? I hope you are talking about the 2010-2013 version and not the one we saw from 2013 onwards. If that's the case then I'm surprised Baka can enter the pitch without his cane;) 

Think you are being incredibly harsh on Bakayoko. Imo he's already a much, much better player than Ramires ever was. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Ouch. A much less athletic version of Ramires? I hope you are talking about the 2010-2013 version and not the one we saw from 2013 onwards. If that's the case then I'm surprised Baka can enter the pitch without his cane;) 

Think you are being incredibly harsh on Bakayoko. Imo he's already a much, much better player than Ramires ever was. 

I don't know what it is about Ramires for you - a brilliant player for us.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't know what it is about Ramires for you - a brilliant player for us.

Let's not go there. It's been done to death over the years. 

Brilliant he wasn't though. He was acceptable for his first few seasons here but nowhere near the £25m player we paid for. 

Then he was just a liability that couldn't even succeed with basic 5 yard passes and was hardly able to cover his position in terms of running ability. For his last few seasons he added needless free-kicks and aggression which I suspect was borne out of frustration as he realised he wasn't quite good enough. 

But neither of us will change our mind on him. I've seen him live so many times and never, ever, was I impressed. He was even worse irl than when one watched him on the telly. For most players it's the opposite. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Let's not go there. It's been done to death over the years. 

Brilliant he wasn't though. He was acceptable for his first few seasons here but nowhere near the £25m player we paid for. 

Then he was just a liability that couldn't even succeed with basic 5 yard passes and was hardly able to cover his position in terms of running ability. For his last few seasons he added needless free-kicks and aggression which I suspect was borne out of frustration as he realised he wasn't quite good enough. 

But neither of us will change our mind on him. I've seen him live so many times and never, ever, was I impressed. He was even worse irl than when one watched him on the telly. For most players it's the opposite. 

fantasy stuff.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

fantasy stuff.

CFCnet's resident Tolkein writes.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

From CFCnet's resident Tolkein.

You are allowed to make a counter opinion alongside the insults.  Full marks to Dave for making it clear where he is coming from.

6 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Maybe I am a little harsh. Ramires covered a lot of ground at great speeds - it was his positioning and passing that maybe was crap overall. 

I guess I was expecting more of a Wanyama type than someone who might end up being a direct Matic replacement instead ( who wasnt my favourite midfielder I might add ).

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

You are allowed to make a counter opinion alongside the insults.  Full marks to Dave for making it clear where he is coming from.

I agree with Dave . Is something only an insult when it's aimed at you or does claiming Dave's view was "fantasy" not count ?

Anyway , everyone loves Tolkien , you should be honoured .

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I agree with Dave . Is something only an insult when it's aimed at you or does claiming Dave's view was "fantasy" not count ?

I was given a copy of The Lord of the Rings in the late 60s. It remains unread to this day (and I've not seen the film/films either!)

54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I agree with Dave .

There - wasn't so hard - mind you I can see why you reluctant to put that on record.

51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Is something only an insult when it's aimed at you or does claiming Dave's view was "fantasy" not count ?

I think I made my view on Ramires clear early on.
A bit like Bob, I thought Tolkien was a silly nerdy fad in the early 70s and have avoided the books and the films ever since.