• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Tiemoue Bakayako Departs And Signs For Napoli On Loan

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder what bright spark looked at that Monaco side and ignoring Mbappe , Silva, Lemarr et al ,picked out Bakayoko ?

Give that guy an award.

Although , perhaps he's one for the future ?

 .

I think the person you're after, may well be working for Monaco Football Club directly now?

He's got a lot better than an award, another big fat (and this time tax free) salary, whilst possibly providing us Bakayoko and playing his part in selling Matic. Against the Manager's wish? I'm at a loss to explain why as talented a man as Conte would continue to pick (let's be gracious) a badly out of form/adjusting Bakayoko. Therefore to me it's Conte proving his point, he knows he'll probably pay the price any which way, so he might get his way next time. 

I wouldn't want to wish watching the first half of Saturday' match on any Chelsea fan, but from my seat it truly appeared that our players were avoiding passing to him or he was 'hiding'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Therefore to me it's Conte proving his point, he knows he'll probably pay the price any which way, so he might get his way next time. 

Funny way to prove it though.  Play him out of position.

13 minutes ago, East Lower said:

I wouldn't want to wish watching the first half of Saturday' match on any Chelsea fan, but from my seat it truly appeared that our players were avoiding passing to him or he was 'hiding'

Yes.  I've thought the same several games, but especially Saturday.
(but actually it looked a very entertaining game, perhaps more so for the neutrals.  No shortage of chances, especially at our end).  As someone said about the Norwich match, for a brief while I thought we were in our black away kit and Leicester were in their blue shirts.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Funny way to prove it though.  Play him out of position.

Yes.  I've thought the same several games, but especially Saturday.
(but actually it looked a very entertaining game, perhaps more so for the neutrals.  No shortage of chances, especially at our end).  As someone said about the Norwich match, for a brief while I thought we were in our black away kit and Leicester were in their blue shirts.

If the point is ' look at what not listening does for us', I'd venture that Conte is proving a point, possibly doing just that (playing him out of position, not that I'm sure what that position is). Whatever the outcome, I'd like to think it might improve the boards thinking and reasoning, even to the point of greater inclusion of the manager in transfer targets/decisions. However I'm not holding my breath on that one.

 

Perhaps entertaining for some but not a Chelsea fan.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think playing him at CF, not AM, would have made the point a lot clearer, rather than showing he actually had Willian and Pedro fit and ready to come on after 58 mins.

I'd like to think that any points Conte has to make were made back in March 2017, not after September.  If he need to say something now (other than just goodbye - which might be an appropriate response) then he is a worse communicator than I thought)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think playing him at CF, not AM, would have made the point a lot clearer, rather than showing he actually had Willian and Pedro fit and ready to come on after 58 mins.

I'd like to think that any points Conte has to make were made back in March 2017, not after September.  If he need to say something now (other than just goodbye - which might be an appropriate response) then he is a worse communicator than I thought)

 

Well he's no attacking midfielder, with what I've seen thus far there's nothing natural about his finishing at all. He can travel from deeper areas with the ball ok, but not £40m quids worth. Doesn't defend physically or tactically well and doesn't tackle his 'weight'. Caveat is that he's young and maybe he does need to acclimatise, of all the players in that Monaco side, he was the one who I couldn't see what he offered. No surprise for me that they let him go for less than a full-back (Mendy to Man City) when we came calling. The machivallian in me thinks that   Emenalo knew he might be off and wanted to foster good relations with them. 

My own suspicion is its just this sort of transfer that finally caused a resignation, there's been a number of our managers who have bemoaned the clubs transfer methodology. Conte can't really go criticising the whole board, might as well resign - which very, very few of them ever do. Might as well go out fighting or effect the change you desire as best you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, East Lower said:

My own suspicion is its just this sort of transfer that finally caused a resignation, there's been a number of our managers who have bemoaned the clubs transfer methodology. Conte can't really go criticising the whole board, might as well resign - which very, very few of them ever do. Might as well go out fighting or effect the change you desire as best you can.

There really haven't been.  Not unless they are leaking messages to the press in the car park off the record.  JM has a bit of a moan in 06/07 I think.  No one else I can recall in 10 years.  Nor would I expect them to, in public.

Which is't to say the transfers have been good, or that Conte might resign.  Just I'm bored with being told by press again that Conte has said something he has never said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2017 at 0:06 AM, Conte Kante said:

The main concern from people like me is his habit of disappearing from games and his passing and positional awareness. If I am being honest, before he signed I was a bit iffy on him but now he has I have a really good feeling and excited. Lets hope my gut beats my head! 

Note to self. Always go with the head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There really haven't been.  Not unless they are leaking messages to the press in the car park off the record.  JM has a bit of a moan in 06/07 I think.  No one else I can recall in 10 years.  Nor would I expect them to, in public.

Which is't to say the transfers have been good, or that Conte might resign.  Just I'm bored with being told by press again that Conte has said something he has never said.

AVB did, albeit after he'd been sacked - excuse?

Didn't Scolari as well, when he wanted the Brazilian CF at Inter Milan. I also think Ancellotti did, again after he'd been sacked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, East Lower said:

AVB did, albeit after he'd been sacked - excuse?

Didn't Scolari as well, when he wanted the Brazilian CF at Inter Milan. I also think Ancellotti did, again after he'd been sacked. 

Oh probably - but does anyone listen to sacked managers whinging?
AVB had buckets of players, that went on to win the CL.  If I recall his moan was that we didn't have the right type of players to beat Barca.
Scolari had plenty, and then won the PL a year later, while CA's large squad won the PL in his first year but got 71 points in his second.
None of them were short of players as we have been since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jangz   
15 hours ago, BlueFlag999 said:

You're right about the other players you mentioned not performing, however with Bakayako, it's gone past the stage of him simply being a scapegoat for a few bad performances... He's just not good enough. 

I can recall three games he's bettered a 6/10 performance: Atletico (A), Manchester United (H), and Huddersfield (A), and only the last one because he scored.

He can't pass, shoot, man-mark, or tackle, and wins less headers than N'golo Kante. The only thing he looks good at is occasionally running the ball forward on counter attacks, but he's being played at the expense of a winger anyway so he's a complete waste of time.

I agree with everything above and probably he has not helped himself . He seems very languid in his approach. But then if he is playing so poorly why is the manager persisting with him - which says either his evaluation is different from ours because he continues to be selected day in dayout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now