• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Tiemoue Bakayako Departs And Signs For Napoli On Loan

kev61   
2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

What? Does this even make sense to you, Kev? Because you've lost me, I'm afraid.

OK,droy makes no sense to me.Where he gets his facts from is entirely subjective but not to him.He constant!y tries to cut and paste things that have been said by someone else - I could be wrong and I apologise to droy if I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

OK,droy makes no sense to me.Where he gets his facts from is entirely subjective but not to him.He constant!y tries to cut and paste things that have been said by someone else - I could be wrong and I apologise to droy if I'm wrong.

Yes, that's what I thought you meant.........:). And you're not wrong!

Kezza   

Anyone struggle to see the value of Bakayoko? Major disappointment thus far. He hasn't shown that he's better than RLC.

7 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Anyone struggle to see the value of Bakayoko? Major disappointment thus far. He hasn't shown that he's better than RLC.

He was quite good as Kante's replacement at the start of the season.  Great in the air.  The further back you put him the more of a player he looks.  A lot like a raw Rudiger.  Going to be a decent PL level CB one day.  Decent player, wrong position (and wrong club).

Rob B   
29 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Perhaps not, and I realise this is the wrong thread, but not sure RLC has done enough out on loan either. 

I know people keep assuming he’s playing well because he was called up for England, but how many people watch him for a full 90 minutes week in, week out.

I’ve tried to where I can, and I still don’t think he impacts games enough for someone of his ability. Seems to drift in and out, with bursts of brilliance but too few and far between.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob B said:

Perhaps not, and I realise this is the wrong thread, but not sure RLC has done enough out on loan either. 

Agreed, he had a chance to be the big fish in a little pond and like too many we loan out he hasnt done it.

As for Baka, I am struggling to decide. We get to see most games live here in Italy and so I can judge him on 90 minutes on what I see (not what he does out of frame) and sometimes he looks solid and the next time he seems unable to complete a pass. He would probably not be in my 1st choice starting 11

35 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Agreed, he had a chance to be the big fish in a little pond and like too many we loan out he hasnt done it.

He should get a chance to play in the middle, rather than stuck out wide, before people judge him. When he has had the chance he's been impressive.

Edited by chiswickblue

xCELERYx   
12 hours ago, Kezza said:

Won't lie and say he isn't been disappointing because he has. In saying that, I'm not overly concerned at this point because I'll give him the benefit of the doubt when factoring in he had no pre-season at all, was returning from injury, and then has had to adapt to a new league and team. 

I also think he's been asked to do a whole lot more than originally intended when he was first signed. The plan was to ease him into things and that's obviously not happened. We've also seen Conte having to use him in different sort of midfield roles because of a lack of options at times - between Kante and Drinkwater spending periods out of the side. Both Fabregas and Bakayoko have had to do more than ideally designed. 

He does well with winning the ball in midfield and is only second behind Kante in terms of tackles made. What has let him down has been decision making and execution of passing once he does either get possession or win the ball back. Which is noticeable after having Matic in the side years prior and him being quite efficient in possession. We've gone from having someone who completed 90+% of their passes to Bakayoko who is only hitting 85%. Which is slightly down on his Monaco form. 

I think if he improves his passing and decision making as he continues to develop, he'll get better. He has the ability to drive from midfield which we've lacked. And if he can improve on his finishing, he'll be solid box-to-box player. Next season will be a better indicator as long as he can have himself a good pre-season. 

Kezza   

The problem with Baka is Drinkwater is better than he is right now and Drinkwater isn't starting ahead of him.

He's been absolutely fine when played in the correct position.  Every time he has played as a holding midfielder he has done a good job. Playing him as a box to box or the most attacking player in a 3 man midfield is never going to get the best out of him.