• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sure but it was basically his inability to receive the ball from behind him, turn around unchallenged and look up that was so awful.  It is a pretty core skill if he is going to play CM.

Are you giving him 'til Xmas ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Are you giving him 'til Xmas ?

Oh he is better than that - at least he can move about the park and follow other players.  If he had a left foot some here would be getting ecstatic about him again.

jangz   

I haven’t seen a worse 30 mins from a player in a Chelsea shirt. Red was very harsh but I don’t know where was his head..

9 minutes ago, jangz said:

I haven’t seen a worse 30 mins from a player in a Chelsea shirt. Red was very harsh but I don’t know where was his head..

Paul Hughes against Newcastle in 1997 - but at least he was subbed after 25 mins. Bakayoko created 4 chances for them in the first 20 minutes and I thought both bookings were fair, both were reckless. 

10 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Paul Hughes against Newcastle in 1997 - but at least he was subbed after 25 mins. Bakayoko created 4 chances for them in the first 20 minutes and I thought both bookings were fair, both were reckless. 

This Paul Hughes - surely not.
Was abroad during his career and don't think I ever saw him.  But I' got very excited downloading a clip of this on a telephone line around then.  I'm pretty sure that clip includes an extra 1-2 even before this pair.

Baka - both bookings were soft - the first because he really just fell over and the opponent didn't move on as expected.  The second was only marginally late, the kind that only gets a first booking 25% of the time and almost never gets a 2nd yellow.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

This Paul Hughes - surely not.
Was abroad during his career and don't think I ever saw him.  But I' got very excited downloading a clip of this on a telephone line around then.  I'm pretty sure that clip includes an extra 1-2 even before this pair.

Baka - both bookings were soft - the first because he really just fell over and the opponent didn't move on as expected.  The second was only marginally late, the kind that only gets a first booking 25% of the time and almost never gets a 2nd yellow.

As bad as he was, and he was, to get sent off for those two fouls (there weren't any others) is an absolute joke. Two very soft fouls, that maybe equated to one yellow combined. 

Certainly watch the WBA game on Monday and see how many fouls they commit that are far more severe than either of Baka's yesterday, and see how often they get away with a warning. 

The Watford centre half went through the back of Hazard about 60 seconds after the red card......foul, no yellow. Was worse than either foul TB did. 

26 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Bakayoko was having a terrible game but it's doubtful either foul merited a yellow. 

Since when has a lousy first touch been a bookable offence?

For some reason refs are consistent about one thing, any foul after you give the ball away is usually booked.  Seems unfair to me, but that is how it goes.

And first was ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

For some reason refs are consistent about one thing, any foul after you give the ball away is usually booked.  Seems unfair to me, but that is how it goes.

And first was ridiculous.

Yeah , Mike Dean , true to form in making the game all about Mike Dean probably thought , "ooh he's lost control therefore he's not in control , therefore its a dangerous attempt to win the ball - Up the Spurs"

Or something along those lines.

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah , Mike Dean , true to form in making the game all about Mike Dean probably thought , "ooh he's lost control therefore he's not in control , therefore its a dangerous attempt to win the ball - Up the Spurs"

Or something along those lines.

He's a Scouser. He has Foy-like form against us. (Foy's a Scouser, too). It was Dean who reffed us when we lost our 70+ unbeaten home run against Sunderland. Neither of Baka's fouls were yellows, but a booking seems reasonable when a player's touch is that bad. 

To rehash the old joke, he can control it further than most people can kick it.