• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

A dreadful player who fundamentally lacks technique. Was rubbish every time I watched Monaco but I just assumed I saw the bad games, turns out he's worse. Could easily go down as one of our worst ever signings unless we see a substantial turnaround.

Neither were yellow cards though.

Just read we're appealing to have his ban extended to six games.

He's had his little 'injury' break after Watford, but at a certain point you have to say enough is enough.

I'm all for giving players chances to develop and improve, but his performances are consistently farcical. 

Stop playing him, and get rid.

After another poor performance yesterday I don't think we can afford to play him in any of the remaining games this season as every one of them is important.

What about next season though, do you loan him out or get another midfielder in and use him as backup and try and get him to improve slowly but surely?

I hate the thought of giving up on him but we need to see some signs of improvement.

1 hour ago, Jonny_CFC said:

After another poor performance yesterday I don't think we can afford to play him in any of the remaining games this season as every one of them is important.

What about next season though, do you loan him out or get another midfielder in and use him as backup and try and get him to improve slowly but surely?

I hate the thought of giving up on him but we need to see some signs of improvement.

The thing is that at the beginning of the season he did OK. He was breaking up play, and making a few surging runs forward with the ball. He even scored a few and created a couple of assists too. Nothing out of this world, but good enough to make one think "given he's just got back from surgery and this is a new league, there's plenty to be hopeful about." He and Kante even looked really good together in the first Athletico Madrid game, then something happened. I don't know what it was, but he started to play in a different manner and his performances just got poorer and poorer. I think now his confidence is pretty much in tatters. You get ever so rare glimpses of what he can do well, then back to a barely 2/10 performance. If Conte leaves in the summer, a new manager might find a way to firstly rebuild his confidence and secondly find a role that suits him. He's only 23 so there's still a little time for him to get back on track with us.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

The thing is that at the beginning of the season he did OK. He was breaking up play, and making a few surging runs forward with the ball. He even scored a few and created a couple of assists too. Nothing out of this world, but good enough to make one think "given he's just got back from surgery and this is a new league, there's plenty to be hopeful about." He and Kante even looked really good together in the first Athletico Madrid game, then something happened. I don't know what it was, but he started to play in a different manner and his performances just got poorer and poorer. I think now his confidence is pretty much in tatters. You get ever so rare glimpses of what he can do well, then back to a barely 2/10 performance. If Conte leaves in the summer, a new manager might find a way to firstly rebuild his confidence and secondly find a role that suits him. He's only 23 so there's still a little time for him to get back on track with us.

That's why I'm thinking we could get somebody else in midfield which would allow us to only use Baka in certain games to try and build his confidence up and help him improve. It seems a bit extravagant but I don't see what other option there is other than sell him or loan him. 

xCELERYx   
On 20/03/2018 at 1:58 AM, Bob Singleton said:

I think his confidence is considerably low, considering the flak he cops on social media. Even though I'm sure it's taken with a pitch of salt, it no doubt would still play on his mind to some degree. What worries me the most is that he looks a yard or two slower as the season has gone on in terms of keeping up with the speed of the game. He either doesn't read play quick enough to get into the positions he needs to be in, or when in possession doesn't move the ball as quickly as he possibly should. In terms of passing completion rate he isn't too dissimilar to Matic - but he also doesn't have the number of passes as Matic did either. Which, when playing in a two man midfield means he's either a passenger as play passes him by, or he's not making himself available enough to get the ball. Either way, he's certainly down a considerable amount in that area in comparison to last season with Monaco. While Kante is having nearly double the number of passes Bakayoko is currently getting per game this season, likewise Fabregas. 

Personally, I think he's better off in a three man midfield where he's able to play a more specific role. The two man midfield sort of requires someone a bit more dynamic and well-rounded. It would also help cover some of his technical limitations with the ball, as that responsibility can be handed over to that extra CM. 

Given the money we spent and his age, he'll get a second season and I think that's fair overall. However, if next season he delivers much the same then questions will be asked about his future beyond that. 

xCELERYx   
On 20/03/2018 at 3:12 AM, Jonny_CFC said:

That's why I'm thinking we could get somebody else in midfield which would allow us to only use Baka in certain games to try and build his confidence up and help him improve. It seems a bit extravagant but I don't see what other option there is other than sell him or loan him. 

Given Conte's original plan was to use him as an understudy to Matic, I think if we can sign a quality CM of some degree then Bakayoko could be moved back into a squad role and be utilised accordingly. 

33 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Personally, I think he's better off in a three man midfield where he's able to play a more specific role. The two man midfield sort of requires someone a bit more dynamic and well-rounded. It would also help cover some of his technical limitations with the ball, as that responsibility can be handed over to that extra CM. 

He's better in a 3 man midfield as it means he gets away with more. Sacfricing an attacking player for a player that simply isn't good enough just to justify his transfer fee isn't something that a top club does.

Our squad player is Fabregas (he just isn't good enough for the starting 11 either). Bakayoko AND Fabregas positions need to be replaced, and Bakayoko needs to be sold in the summer.