• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

GURJ SS   
On 19/03/2018 at 2:58 PM, Bob Singleton said:

The thing is that at the beginning of the season he did OK. He was breaking up play, and making a few surging runs forward with the ball. He even scored a few and created a couple of assists too. Nothing out of this world, but good enough to make one think "given he's just got back from surgery and this is a new league, there's plenty to be hopeful about." He and Kante even looked really good together in the first Athletico Madrid game, then something happened. I don't know what it was, but he started to play in a different manner and his performances just got poorer and poorer. I think now his confidence is pretty much in tatters. You get ever so rare glimpses of what he can do well, then back to a barely 2/10 performance. If Conte leaves in the summer, a new manager might find a way to firstly rebuild his confidence and secondly find a role that suits him. He's only 23 so there's still a little time for him to get back on track with us.

I agree.

I think he has had a poor season overall but he has shown he's capable enough to provide us with the right attributes. I just think he's currently struggling to strike a partnership with Kante and that's making everything a whole lot worse; but then he has had a very stop-start season and looks mentally exhausted.

I still think he will do well here but I am without doubt he has done very little if anything to warrant keeping his place, but having said that the worse thing a player off form can have is a suspension or injury come along and disrupt their game time. Some players respond from having a break, and some don't; Baka is definitely the latter as he has always looked his poorest after coming back from time out.

It's his first season and it's been poor, but we can't dump players after one season; just look at what happen with Salah. 

paulw66   
3 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

It's his first season and it's been poor, but we can't dump players after one season; just look at what happen with Salah. 

It's quite funny how the same people who bemoan our decision to ditch Salah, KdB and Lukaku, are wielding the big stick with regards to Bakayoko. 

UHe didn't have major surgery, just a minor cartilage clean up after he had played the season out

11 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Given Conte's original plan was to use him as an understudy to Matic, I think if we can sign a quality CM of some degree then Bakayoko could be moved back into a squad role and be utilised accordingly. 

People make too much of Conte's polite answers to questions.  Asked whether Matic's departure was a big problem, he comes out with some half arsed compromise answer, and suddenly it becomes the Grand Plan that was meant to happen.

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Seriously, who cares what happened with Salah. We won 2 PL titles with Hazard.  Club and managers made some great decisions  Salah's silverware remains his PLMedal with us  

Will Baka help or hinder us in the title chase for 18/19?  That is the only question that matters.

Ham   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

UHe didn't have major surgery, just a minor cartilage clean up after he had played the season out

People make too much of Conte's polite answers to questions.  Asked whether Matic's departure was a big problem, he comes out with some half arsed compromise answer, and suddenly it becomes the Grand Plan that was meant to happen.

Seriously, who cares what happened with Salah. We won 2 PL titles with Hazard.  Club and managers made some great decisions  Salah's silverware remains his PLMedal with us  

Will Baka help or hinder us in the title chase for 18/19?  That is the only question that matters.

We won two PL titles despite not having Salah, not because of it. 

He'd improve any side.  

1 hour ago, Ham said:

We won two PL titles despite not having Salah, not because of it. 

He'd improve any side.  

Not in 2014 or 2015 he wouldn't .   And in 16/17 Hazard didn't need the rotation  

what is it with all the clever hindsight recently.?

Ham   
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not in 2014 or 2015 he wouldn't .   And in 16/17 Hazard didn't need the rotation  

First sentence is pure speculation. Opinion. Who knows how it would have went? He wasn't given a decent run in the team. 

I always rated him. I was against his sale and the sale of DeBruyne. No clever hindsight at all. His potential was there for anyone to see even before we signed him.  Same with DeBruyne.  

Why don't you ever give anyone any credit on here? What's your problem? 

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

First sentence is pure speculation. Opinion. Who knows how it would have went? He wasn't given a decent run in the team. 

I always rated him. I was against his sale and the sale of DeBruyne. No clever hindsight at all. His potential was there for anyone to see even before we signed him.  Same with DeBruyne.  

Why don't you ever give anyone any credit on here? What's your problem? 

Which is why we know. Salah was with the team, barely played. 

My problem?  I think my problem seems to be that every time Salah scores a hat trick or four in 2018' he doesn't get one good pass or one missed shot better in 2014 than the Salah we saw bits of at the time.   Nor does it diminish the feeling of pride about that season.

It doesn't seem to be a common affliction. 

Credit. Some blame to Salah underperforming then and at Fiorentina.  Lots of credit for what he has done since.  Lots of credit to anyone who went on record  in 14/15 to predict writing an option was an error. Was that anyone here?

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

The whole point of signing Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku and even Shurrle was to not take it 1 season at a time; but produce a squad of players for a large number of seasons. That's around £250-300M worth of players that we got for peanuts, our so called business plan of buying the next big talent was thrown into the shredder; and yes, by a manager who thought about his own trophy list before he self destructs. Salah improves any team at any time. Well Hazard certainly needs rotation now, and would actually lose his place to Salah, we lack consistency from the likes of Hazard because we sold all his competition.

The biggest frustration is we went from a club who everyone wanted to play for in the PL to everyone's feeder club. We've got far too many ex Chelsea players sitting in teams above us and producing better results than the players we currently have; it's beyond a joke. I'm not going to hide that I blame Jose too, in order to act the big man in the league he fed his own ego for quick fire results that cost us in the long run.

The thing is it isn't Hindsight, it's frustration at the incompetency of the people who make decisions at the club. A club who is now making budget deals because they sold quality players who are now producing for our direct competition. Simply add De Bruyne, Salah, Mata, Lukaku to our team and we're up there with the elite in Europe; we gave away our own ability to be an elite team. Right now we'd be talking about 2 signings in defence and that's it, where as now we need to look at far more than that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

The whole point of signing Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku and even Shurrle was to not take it 1 season at a time; but produce a squad of players for a large number of seasons. That's around £250-300M worth of players that we got for peanuts, our so called business plan of buying the next big talent was thrown into the shredder; and yes, by a manager who thought about his own trophy list before he self destructs. Salah improves any team at any time. Well Hazard certainly needs rotation now, and would actually lose his place to Salah, we lack consistency from the likes of Hazard because we sold all his competition.

The biggest frustration is we went from a club who everyone wanted to play for in the PL to everyone's feeder club. We've got far too many ex Chelsea players sitting in teams above us and producing better results than the players we currently have; it's beyond a joke. I'm not going to hide that I blame Jose too, in order to act the big man in the league he fed his own ego for quick fire results that cost us in the long run.

The thing is it isn't Hindsight, it's frustration at the incompetency of the people who make decisions at the club. A club who is now making budget deals because they sold quality players who are now producing for our direct competition. Simply add De Bruyne, Salah, Mata, Lukaku to our team and we're up there with the elite in Europe; we gave away our own ability to be an elite team. Right now we'd be talking about 2 signings in defence and that's it, where as now we need to look at far more than that.

Hear, hear!

Ham   
3 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Very well put.