• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

4 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

The whole point of signing Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku and even Shurrle was to not take it 1 season at a time; but produce a squad of players for a large number of seasons.

The thing is it isn't Hindsight, it's frustration at the incompetency of the people who make decisions at the club. 

I don't know which your team is then. My team just won Two PL titles in 3 years, despite being outspent by 3  or 4 clubs, massively outspent by some. 

Some brilliant management and recruitment has happened. Well done. I'm just grateful I didn't chose to support Liverpool as a kid.  When did they last win the league?

GURJ SS   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't know which your team is then. My team just won Two PL titles in 3 years, despite being outspent by 3  or 4 clubs, massively outspent by some. 

Some brilliant management and recruitment has happened. Well done. I'm just grateful I didn't chose to support Liverpool as a kid.  When did they last win the league?

Twice since 2010, the latter one without Europe at all, and the former we got knocked out in the last 16 by a team who played with 10 men for an hour. That's what seesaw is. The moment we come across a season which requires that extra quality we instantly fold in one or the other main competitions. As for the outspent, our squad has been getting weaker and weaker, we've won the league while others were building their squads and we had just one main competition to play in. Look at us trying it now, we aren't near the competition. It seems like we've fallen off the seesaw altogether. 

We've papered over the cracks, nothing brilliant about that. I'm still glad we've won what we've won but at the same time I've seen us do it in a way that I feel jeopardises our future. I don't support our club because of what we win, it's unexplainable as to why I do.

paulw66   
On 3/24/2018 at 5:23 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Nobody is saying we would rather be Liverpool, but I am somewhat lost by the inconsistency of your posts.

You often, and quite rightly, talk about the lack of depth of our squad to compete on 4 fronts, especially in forward areas, yet when someone questions the past decisions to sell off some of the young attacking players we had, like Salah and KdB, both of whom would have been outstanding squad options then / first team players now, you respond with, "what are you bothered about"

At the start of 2015/16 you correctly predicted some of the problems ahead due to lack of a squad..........yet you are not bothered the manager who was left with that small squad sold off a handful of the fantastic young players we had.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Nobody is saying we would rather be Liverpool, but I am somewhat lost by the inconsistency of your posts.

You often, and quite rightly, talk about the lack of depth of our squad to compete on 4 fronts, especially in forward areas, yet when someone questions the past decisions to sell off some of the young attacking players we had, like Salah and KdB, both of whom would have been outstanding squad options then / first team players now, you respond with, "what are you bothered about"

At the start of 2015/16 you correctly predicted some of the problems ahead due to lack of a squad..........yet you are not bothered the manager who was left with that small squad sold off a handful of the fantastic young players we had.

We have a small squad. JM reduces the squad further by not playing certain players he deems not good enough. Those players feel they need to leave to progress. JM is blameless.
We have a small squad. Conte reduces the squad further by not playing certain players he deems not good enough. Those players feel they need to leave to progress. Conte is to blame.

[The following sentence is heavily laced with sarcasm]  I fail to see the inconsistency in Droy's argument.

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It used to be MT that thought he had trapped me on JM about once a week on this. 

Does JM share responsibility for going into 15/16 short on players.  Of corse he did, just as I have said about 25 times on here.  Just as Conte does this season. 

Does JM or anyone at the club deserve criticism for only bringing about 7 out of 10 great players into the team while going on to win 2PL titles?  No, not to any reasonable person.  And it is not as though we gave them away free.

keep trying. 

Sea foot   

We won the titles without them. We would have won the titles with them in the squad, but we would have been in a better position now with them in the team. Quite easy to understand to me. It's not about a witch hunt for me. As long as the person or persons responsible, at the minimum, learn from this is all that matters now. It happened, don't do it again. Get better football people on the board who can look at it from a better football perspective. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sea foot said:

We won the titles without them. We would have won the titles with them in the squad, but we would have been in a better position now with them in the team. Quite easy to understand to me. It's not about a witch hunt for me. As long as the person or persons responsible, at the minimum, learn from this is all that matters now. It happened, don't do it again. Get better football people on the board who can look at it from a better football perspective. 

So would we just have had 3 extra foreign players in the squad?  Or would 3 other players have been kicked out?  and would they be the players they are today if they had rotated with RLC for a place on the bench?

Not so easy to understand from here.  And should we have just sacked the people who brought all these brilliant young players in?

On March 23, 2018 at 0:02 PM, paulw66 said:

It's quite funny how the same people who bemoan our decision to ditch Salah, KdB and Lukaku, are wielding the big stick with regards to Bakayoko. 

There are no comparisons. Salah always had the potential to be a very threatening player as he is fast and gets into some great positions - even during his time here.

KdB always was a deadly player with the ball... That hasnt changed a bit now. And Lukaku always looked a goal scorer. 

Bakayoko, on the other hand, has never demonstrated any of the qualities of a potentially top tier player.

It is very tough to build on something that plainly never existed. 

Mikel, just an example, had a lot to work with. Technical ability, passing range, positioning, physique.. He was someone a lot of our coaches persisted with because, quite frankly, he could get the job done.

Bakayoko just doesnt offer a manager a whole lot to work with IMO.