• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

On 8/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, Sir said:

Confirmed he’s joining Milan on loan. Something still quite strange about how we loan AC Milan our players.. 

They owe us big time.
We loaned them Crespo yet they still lost the 2005 final.
They sold us Sheva, and we loaned him back again.

13 years on and we are  still calling in favours.

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, Sir said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/8/14/bakayoko-heads-to-milan

Confirmed he’s joining Milan on loan. Something still quite strange about how we loan AC Milan our players.. 

Anyway I hope he does well. Despite how shocking he looked for us a lot of the time, I still think he’s got a lot of talent, ability and potential. Hope he shows it at Milan.

I think this could well be a rather beneficial long for Bakayoko. He seemed to struggle a little with the pace of the PL at times. With Serie A being slower and more tactical, hopefully he'll be able to develop more in these areas. Of course if he does, Milan may well exercise their option to buy. Although it's a sizeable fee for a club that's had some financial struggles with FFA of late, so don't be surprised to see Bakayoko return in 12 months time. Although if he does, it's difficult to see where he fits exactly while Sarri is manager. He doesn't really have the skill set that fits with how we're looking to play.

Edited by xCELERYx

Ham   
8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I gave up. But it's still you going around in circles, flipping and flopping, and intentionally ignoring the obvious when it suits. Well done.

I've actually discovered the noun which describes Droy's M.O. 

Example;

"Droy's position on Matic was pure whataboutery from the very beginning"

"Droy's dodging of the facts on JM's childish and petulant behaviour was whataboutery of the highest order"

Screenshot_20180812-205039_Twitter.jpg

• Like 2

On 21/09/2017 at 5:15 PM, paulw66 said:

Reports suggesting he has been in a serious car crash.

Read the thread from the start out of curiosity and had a momentary guilty laugh at this. The car crash was yet to come. 

I am a bad person. 

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Oh well, if you say so, but then why do you keep on with it?

I don't - you keep coming back to some vague allegations about me, again and again.  Why do you keep coming back to it?

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Example;

"Droy's position on Matic was pure whataboutery from the very beginning"

Great self- description, Ham.
Do you want to talk specifically about JM's role in the 15/16 squad being too small - I've been saying the same thing since 2015.
Or specifically about Matic?  I have been pretty consistent on Matic since 2014.

"Whatabout "Whataboutery"'  - Ham takes it to a new level.

bert19   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Interestingly, that definition often also describes the behaviour of compulsive or habitual liars when faced with difficult or challenging questions.... Trump does it regularly. Mourinho's pretty good at it in press conferences too these days....

Anyway, regarding Bakayoko, I hope this loan works out well for him and that he gets a decent move (to Milan or otherwise) out of it.  I sort of feel that there's probably a useful player in there, but the move here really came at the wrong time for him and us -  he had to sink or swim very quickly and unfortunately, he ended up sinking. I don't think our struggles, tactics or performances last season helped him (or others), but it's clear he's best served going somewhere else to play and that our intended style and approach means he won't be a good fit for us this season.  

Edited by bert19
forgot to actually make my point about Bakayoko

paulw66   
36 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Interestingly, that definition often also describes the behaviour of compulsive or habitual liars when faced with difficult or challenging questions.... Trump does it regularly. Mourinho's pretty good at it in press conferences too these days....

Anyway, regarding Bakayoko, I hope this loan works out well for him and that he gets a decent move (to Milan or otherwise) out of it.  I sort of feel that there's probably a useful player in there, but the move here really came at the wrong time for him and us -  he had to sink or swim very quickly and unfortunately, he ended up sinking. I don't think our struggles, tactics or performances last season helped him (or others), but it's clear he's best served going somewhere else to play and that our intended style and approach means he won't be a good fit for us this season.  

He was very much central to our struggles unfortunately.

Most tellingly, the thing I will miss most about him is the Earth, Wind and Fire song for him and Kante. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Most tellingly, the thing I will miss most about him is the Earth, Wind and Fire song for him and Kante. 

It was a great song, until we realised how wrong it was!

bert19   
15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Ah. That video from the concourse away at Atletico.  Where he (and in many ways our season), really peaked. 

Unfortunately.