• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Most tellingly, the thing I will miss most about him is the Earth, Wind and Fire song for him and Kante. 

This one - never heard it before - sounds great

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-fans-create-brilliant-tiemoue-11257499

(Mind it doesn't sound like anything from Earth Wind and Fire I can recall, least of all September, which the Mirror reckons it is.  Mind you EWF could never sing)

Edited by Droy was my hero

paulw66   
32 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Ah. That video from the concourse away at Atletico.  Where he (and in many ways our season), really peaked. 

Unfortunately.

I was there! 

Song got stuck in my head - remember standing by the printer at work singing under my breath 

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This one - never heard it before - sounds great

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-fans-create-brilliant-tiemoue-11257499

(Mind it doesn't sound like anything from Earth Wind and Fire I can recall, least of all September, which the Mirror reckons it is.  Mind you EWF could never sing)

That is exactly what it is (was) but in a different key. 

The chorus bit, "Dancing in September" is where the "Tiemoue Bakayoko" part goes

Yeah that song was sung in the MHL for the first two months quite often then after that the lyrics got changed to 'he always gives the ball away' 🤣

5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Biting comments from Gattuso regarding Bakayoko if true. 

can't say it would help someone as seemingly helpless as Bakayoko to criticize him like that.

Quick internet search brought up these quotes made before the game...

"Bakayoko likes to play in a two-man midfield," said the former Italian international. "I was surprised because we thought he was slower.

"I have to say that I was also impressed by his dynamism.

"He is technically gifted so he won’t just improve our physical game."

And these ones after...

“Bakayoko has to learn how to get the ball,” Gattuso said in his post-match press conference. “We must work correctly. It will not be easy.

“One week is not enough to remove the defects of a player. I would have preferred to be managing older, more experienced club players.”

This will run and run.

Kezza   
10 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Biting comments from Gattuso regarding Bakayoko if true. 

can't say it would help someone as seemingly helpless as Bakayoko to criticize him like that.

If he can't play in Italy he can't play in any other top leagues. This guy is too casual and thinks he can wander around and impacting the match without effort like other great midfielders before him did.

What an absolutely shocking transfer this has been. 

£40m for a hapless 22-year old while we shipped an academy graduate for 12,5% of Baka's fee (who also happen to be twice the player). 

One can only hope AC Milan does not have an 'option', but rather an 'obligation' to buy.  

“[...] I think it’ll take a while to get Bakayoko up to speed as a playmaker. When you come from a completely different league, you need to learn the cross-field passing, to double up on marking and not to just chase the ball. If you’re not organised, the whole team can struggle.”

“He can do it with some hard work, although he needs to learn Italian faster, as it’s not helping him in the locker room.”

This loan just makes no sense at all. Why did AC Milan even contemplate loaning Baka? 

I can feel the pain of Gattuso. Hard to believe a £40m player can be so bad! 

Kezza   
12 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

This loan just makes no sense at all. Why did AC Milan even contemplate loaning Baka? 

I can feel the pain of Gattuso. Hard to believe a £40m player can be so bad! 

At least it's just a loan. We are the mugs who are stuck with him.