• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

xCELERYx   
18 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

This loan just makes no sense at all. Why did AC Milan even contemplate loaning Baka? 

I can feel the pain of Gattuso. Hard to believe a £40m player can be so bad! 

Because he's a young player who up until last season was highly rated. Given the financial situation AC Milan are in, being able to obtain such a player with minimal upfront cost is a economic way of trying to strengthen. Like all transfers there's an element of risk to be had with it not working out. 

He's made 2 sub appearances so far since joining for a total of like 56 minutes. With AC Milan also having a terrible start to the season, it's made integrating him a lot more difficult.

paulw66   
22 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

This loan just makes no sense at all. Why did AC Milan even contemplate loaning Baka? 

I can feel the pain of Gattuso. Hard to believe a £40m player can be so bad! 

The loan makes perfect sense for both clubs

We would have to have sold him at a massive loss after last year's "performances". Loaning him out in hope he might regain some credibility and push his fee higher, whilst having someone else pay for at least some of his wages, when he would have not been in our matchday squads anyway, is a no brainer. 

Milan pay nothing for a player, so if he's sh*t they can leave him out, but the hope is that he regains some sort of form. I think the slower pace of Serie A will suit him, but his technique will be found wanting wherever he plays. 

Edit - yes, your last sentence is so true. Does he have a twin brother perhaps?

Edited by paulw66

13 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Because he's a young player who up until last season was highly rated. Given the financial situation AC Milan are in, being able to obtain such a player with minimal upfront cost is a economic way of trying to strengthen. Like all transfers there's an element of risk to be had with it not working out. 

He's made 2 sub appearances so far since joining for a total of like 56 minutes. With AC Milan also having a terrible start to the season, it's made integrating him a lot more difficult.

An element of risk? Isn't it pretty widespread knowledge he's pretty rubbish? I'm shocked they have opted for him given the vast amount of evidence he's not up to it. 

Back to France after this season I reckon. 

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The loan makes perfect sense for both clubs

It makes perfect sense for us. But no sense at all for AC Milan. He's not good enough, plain and simple. His cost is irrelevant, he doesn't qualify. I can't see him having an immediate future in England, Spain or Italy. 

Germany, Holland, France. Back to regain some confidence and work on his weaknesses in a safer environment. 

xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

An element of risk? Isn't it pretty widespread knowledge he's pretty rubbish? I'm shocked they have opted for him given the vast amount of evidence he's not up to it. 

Back to France after this season I reckon. 

H's a low cost risk for AC Milan. So there's no real harm in them taking that gamble. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, he ends up back here and our problem again. He's still young enough to develop his game and end up a solid player. Wouldn't be the first player who has struggled and looked out of his depth to turn things around and end up a solid player later on. 

I don't know, I thought it was pretty obvious Morata was trash yet here we are with people still rolling out the excuses with the belief he's a good player. That's far more disturbing. 

That will depend on if AC Milan take up their option to buy. If they don't, we'll be coping a solid loss I'd say on any full transfer out. Similar will happen with Morata and Drinkwater. 

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

H's a low cost risk for AC Milan. So there's no real harm in them taking that gamble. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, he ends up back here and our problem again.  

Yes that much is obvious. But what's more obvious is that he's nowhere near good enough. I think that loan signing reeks of a suit making the deal without making sure there's support from the football people at the club. 

Only way it makes even a little bit of sense. 

11 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I don't know, I thought it was pretty obvious Morata was trash yet here we are with people still rolling out the excuses with the belief he's a good player. That's far more disturbing. 

There is a huge difference between a talent with a dodgy attitude, and a guy who can't look up without tripping over the ball.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:17 AM, Droy was my hero said:

There is a huge difference between a talent with a dodgy attitude, and a guy who can't look up without tripping over the ball.

Just to clarify, which one is which, in your opinion?

So AC Milan wants to give Bakayoko 6-8 games to prove himself and if not he's going to be sent back?

Let's hope Henry is keen to bring him back to Monaco in January for a £20m fee.