• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

So AC Milan wants to give Bakayoko 6-8 games to prove himself and if not he's going to be sent back?

Let's hope Henry is keen to bring him back to Monaco in January for a £20m fee. 

I bet he doesn't start one.

paulw66   
9 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

So AC Milan wants to give Bakayoko 6-8 games to prove himself and if not he's going to be sent back?

Let's hope Henry is keen to bring him back to Monaco in January for a £20m fee. 

You can't send someone back after a season long loan agreement without all parties consent. They're stuck with him

Ham   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You can't send someone back after a season long loan agreement without all parties consent. They're stuck with him

Technically they might have us over a barrel on the grounds that we told them that they were getting a professional footballer.  Sale of goods act. 

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, Ham said:

Technically they might have us over a barrel on the grounds that we told them that they were getting a professional footballer.  Sale of goods act. 

Ah, the old consumer protection Act 2015...........surely we have a case against Monaco? 

Ham   
18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Ah, the old consumer protection Act 2015...........surely we have a case against Monaco? 

A very good point.  

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I bet he doesn't start one.

I bet you are right. He's utterly useless at the moment. A midfielder who can't control or pass the ball. How did that go undetected?

Either the French league is played at a walking pace or Tiemoue has suffered from a severe mental block. Maybe a combo of both. But his confidence is so shattered after the last 16 months I'm not sure he'll ever come good without a move back to German/French/Dutch leagues first to regain some much needed confidence. Why did we not loan him back to the French league this summer instead of AC Milan? 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not so sure. I'd have thought that for clubs high value assets (well, we did pay £40m for him) there would be some pretty strict non-playing clauses. Having a talented, and high-value, youngster at loan for a year with no playing time will erode the clubs asset value. 

It would be madness to not have one in place imo. 

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Now we are talking! But sadly I think there might be a valid case against us. Negligence in our due dilligence process! 

xCELERYx   
On 10/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, paulw66 said:

Don't believe that to be true AFAIK. Fairly sure a club can terminate a loan deal at whatever point they choose. The only real exception is when there's either a clause of no early termination inserted into the deal, or if there is an obligation to buy clause (different from option to buy). 

GURJ SS   

As much as Baka has been poor and as much as he wouldn't have contributed this season, I think In terms of employee welfare we dug out a well in the gutter and threw him to Pennywise(Gattuso).