• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

Kezza   
7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Did he? I doubt that - didn't he want to go play for JM? I think so.

Or we let him go because we thought Baka could do a job. Do you think we will let him go if Baka didn't come in?

42 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Or we let him go because we thought Baka could do a job. Do you think we will let him go if Baka didn't come in?

Like you, I don't know for 100% certain, but reading what went on at the time, I doubt that it made any difference at all. Ruins a good 'dig' though, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Either way do you think Matic adds anything to our current midfield? Probably wouldn't even make the bench so who cares.

Mr Bakayoko apparently liked a tweet from Antony Martial . The tweet showed Martial celebrating his goal against Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Milan think they have identified some defects in Bakayokos game. No shitSherlock!!

I can now actually spot a defect in his brain , even from this distance. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

paulw66   
On 11/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, Lump Of Celery said:

Either way do you think Matic adds anything to our current midfield? Probably wouldn't even make the bench so who cares.

Absolutely. Ordinary midfielder at his best. At his worst, he is one footed, immobileand pedestrian. 

Had one good season for us, and then was our worst of any of our players who were regulars. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Absolutely. Ordinary midfielder at his best. At his worst, he is one footed, immobileand pedestrian. 

Had one good season for us, and then was our worst of any of our players who were regulars. 

Too kind.  But where were you in his last two years with us and I was in a minority of 1 on this site (but would have been pretty mainstream on other Chelsea sites)?

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Too kind.  But where were you in his last two years with us and I was in a minority of 1 on this site (but would have been pretty mainstream on other Chelsea sites)?

I was never a massive fan but never felt that strongly about it to get involved in the big debate.

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Thought he was fairly solid if unspectacular in his last season with us, and contributed to winning the title. He wasn't a liability nearly every game like Bakoyoko, however when he was bad he was really bad.

I suppose Kezza has a point that he was more useful to us than an injured Drinkwater and an injured and useless Bakoyoko who replaced him, in hindsight we sold him at the right time we just didn't replace him adequately. Luckily our midfield aspirations have moved on since then and we now have really strong options which would render him redundant, so I'm not lamenting his loss now.

paulw66   
22 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Thought he was fairly solid if unspectacular in his last season with us, and contributed to winning the title. He wasn't a liability nearly every game like Bakoyoko, however when he was bad he was really bad.

I suppose Kezza has a point that he was more useful to us than an injured Drinkwater and an injured and useless Bakoyoko who replaced him, in hindsight we sold him at the right time we just didn't replace him adequately. Luckily our midfield aspirations have moved on since then and we now have really strong options which would render him redundant, so I'm not lamenting his loss now.

I agree with what you summise in paragraph 1. I thought he was our weakest player in the title winning season and his position, along with RWB needed the most attention. 

Kezza   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Mr Bakayoko apparently liked a tweet from Antony Martial . The tweet showed Martial celebrating his goal against Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Milan think they have identified some defects in Bakayokos game. No shitSherlock!!

I can now actually spot a defect in his brain , even from this distance. 

If that by any chance means Mr Mourinho is talking to him then all is forgiven. Would not surprise me if it happens!