• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

paulw66   
5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Seriously mate, there will be plenty of clubs willing/eager to take a punt on Bakayoko. If we put him up for sale, he won't sit around for long. 

I have got mates in Italy, some of whom support Milan, and they like him a lot. He has impressed enough over there to get a move, I agree. 

bert19   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have got mates in Italy, some of whom support Milan, and they like him a lot. He has impressed enough over there to get a move, I agree. 

Sounded like his issue with staying at Milan or in Serie A was less the football and more the racist abuse from the supporters from what I've read.  

(I've also no doubt that Milan thought they should be able to sign him for a lot less than agreed as well....)

On 6/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, paulw66 said:

I've only seen him in a couple of games in Italy, but to me he looked a much better player than the one we saw at SB. Maturity, maybe? Just guessing, but if he has 'grown' into the player we originally thought we'd bought, then I certainly wouldn't be against giving him another shot with us nest season. The transfer ban (if it stays) would strenghten his probable value to us, imo. . 

Leo91   

Hmmm. I watched a season compilation clip and there was still a little bambi on ice about him. 

9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I've only seen him in a couple of games in Italy, but to me he looked a much better player than the one we saw at SB. Maturity, maybe? Just guessing, but if he has 'grown' into the player we originally thought we'd bought, then I certainly wouldn't be against giving him another shot with us nest season. The transfer ban (if it stays) would strenghten his probable value to us, imo. . 

Sorry MT but Baka is a player that should absolutely should never ever have been bought. The only reason he looked passable as a play in Italy is due to the type of game out there I.e. he gets some time on the ball. If he comes back here, it will be 2017/18 all over again and we will never find a buyer as he will have two years left. For me, we have to either get a loan with a complusion to buy or an outright sale, otherwise he will be a complete sunk cost. 

Edited by Conte Kante

12 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Sorry MT but Baka is a player that should absolutely should never ever have been bought. The only reason he looked passable as a play in Italy is due to the type of game out there I.e. he gets some time on the ball. If he comes back here, it will be 2017/18 all over again and we will never find a buyer as he will have two years left. For me, we have to either get a loan with a complusion to buy or an outright sale, otherwise he will be a complete sunk cost. 

:). Of course, you could be right - I guess I may be being influenced by the transfer ban!

Ham   
27 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

:). Of course, you could be right - I guess I may be being influenced by the transfer ban!

I don't know.  He's young and I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere.  Remember Atletico away?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I don't know.  He's young and I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere.  Remember Atletico away?

Clearly, he divides opinion. He's certainly young, and my impression is that there is a player in there somewhere - whether we get to see that player, is another question.

Michael, however bad you thought he was through watching him on tv, it doesn’t even come close to how bad he actually was. Watching him live I can honestly say I have never seen a worse midfielder play for us.........and we’ve had some bad uns.

7 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Michael, however bad you thought he was through watching him on tv, it doesn’t even come close to how bad he actually was. Watching him live I can honestly say I have never seen a worse midfielder play for us.........and we’ve had some bad uns.

Slavisa Jokanovic says hi....