• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

Poor old Joka was bad (the only Chelsea player I have ever booed - much to my shame), but I stand by my assertion - Baka looked like he had two ankle injuries and had just stepped onto a football pitch for the firs time.

5 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Poor old Joka was bad (the only Chelsea player I have ever booed - much to my shame), but I stand by my assertion - Baka looked like he had two ankle injuries and had just stepped onto a football pitch for the firs time.

Some people assume we will get 30 plus million for Bakayoko....couldn’t see anybody paying anything near that to be honest. 

I’d take a free to be honest, just to get him off the wage bill. I do feel sorry for him - I saw him coming off the pitch (can’t remember which away game) tentatively applauding the fans who had been jeering him all game. It’s not his fault, but he is just not good enough..............for Clapham Rovers.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Apart from Monaco!

Hopefully, he will play enough games for next summers window, when the club can cut their losses.

I assume the club still get a fee for the loan?

paulw66   
36 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Hopefully, he will play enough games for next summers window, when the club can cut their losses.

I assume the club still get a fee for the loan?

Who knows? They might have been happy just for someone else to pay his wages, or part of them.

Real shame. When I saw him and Kante play next to each other away in Madrid, I thought we had the makings of a top CM pair for years to come. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Who knows? They might have been happy just for someone else to pay his wages, or part of them.

Real shame. When I saw him and Kante play next to each other away in Madrid, I thought we had the makings of a top CM pair for years to come. 

Yeah same here. Its rare I get a player wrong, but then he convinces me otherwise, only to have been right in the first instance.

This was the case with Bakayoko. I was against the signing from the very start and thought he looked the weakest of all the Monaco players, but then early on he produced some performances of real potential, Athletico away and Stoke away where two that spring to mind.I then started thinking we maybe had a player here and he would only keep improving.

In just all went downhill from there unfortunately.

Such an odd one, initially filled me with so much excitement, his performances were good and showed real promise, but then something happened and the levels didn't just drop they plummeted. I don't think it helped that Conte insisted on playing him every game for so long, the poor guy needed off the pitch and out the limelight.

I'm really surprised Milan and then Monaco both wanted him on loan. I honestly couldn't tell you what his level is because, to me, he just didn't look like a footballer in the end