• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't think it helped that Conte insisted on playing him every game for so long, the poor guy needed off the pitch and out the limelight.

I think some of the other players conspired to make him look even more ridiculous than he was. (At least it felt like that sometimes).  There were times when he'd be passed the ball and pass it back to a CB, who would then promptly pass it back to him when he was now facing his own keeper and was supposed to turn, with no one challenging.  He couldn't do that (or at least didn't dare).  Conte never took the hint to play Fabregas though.

On 05/09/2019 at 11:08 AM, Droy was my hero said:

I think some of the other players conspired to make him look even more ridiculous than he was. (At least it felt like that sometimes).  There were times when he'd be passed the ball and pass it back to a CB, who would then promptly pass it back to him when he was now facing his own keeper and was supposed to turn, with no one challenging.  He couldn't do that (or at least didn't dare).  Conte never took the hint to play Fabregas though.

I think Conte knew. It was more that he was just proving a point to the board. Look at the s*** you gave me, now watch him play. 

I, as you know, am one of Conte's biggest supporters. However, when it came to his second season I think he did play a number of players to prove his point about the boards signings rather than what was best for the team.