• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

Sea foot   

Having an opinion on Tolkien without reading his books eh? Puts some of your views on players in perspective.😉

• Haha 1

Zoowraa   

indifferent performance from Bakayoko on Saturday. Good powerful run to start off the first goal, good pressing which led to the third goal I think it was.

The negatives are all things that are down to not being used to the pace of our league yet. First half, he was caught on the ball 3/4 occasions where he just wanted more time than he was allowed. He will get used to this though the more he plays, away from home he needs to have that greater awareness and decisiveness to his play.

Impressed by him so far, I can't say I ever really noticed him that much in the Monaco team from last year, maybe due to having some many good players around him. Pleasantly surprised by him so far.

Ham   
On 24/09/2017 at 2:31 PM, Droy was my hero said:

You are allowed to make a counter opinion alongside the insults.  

Still waiting for my apology for the insults from last week when you completely misread a point I made.  What was it? Liar and coward?

Here's one for you in lieu of the apology.

Hypocritical, self-satisfied bore with too much time on his hands.

There. We're quits 😊

Conte's view on Backayaro, and his performance against Huddersfield tonight:

Bakayoko played a really good game. I am very happy for him. We are talking about a player who is 23 years old. He is adapting himself to our idea of football.

‘Tonight I saw the best performance from Baka. I started to see what I ask, what I want: to find the right pass between the lines, to change sides, and to be solid and focused for the whole game.

‘I am very pleased for him, and this type of performance will improve his confidence. I repeat: I am not worried about Baka. He is a young player, and now he is starting to understand he is in a club like Chelsea, a great club. I am very happy because he showed me he has the right desire and will to improve himself and try to be better.

‘If I didn’t trust him, he doesn’t start tonight in an important game after a defeat and a lot of problems. To start with him shows I trust him.’

kev61   
22 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Bakayoko played a really good game. I am very happy for him. We are talking about a player who is 23 years old. He is adapting himself to our idea of football.

‘Tonight I saw the best performance from Baka. I started to see what I ask, what I want: to find the right pass between the lines, to change sides, and to be solid and focused for the whole game.

‘I am very pleased for him, and this type of performance will improve his confidence. I repeat: I am not worried about Baka. He is a young player, and now he is starting to understand he is in a club like Chelsea, a great club. I am very happy because he showed me he has the right desire and will to improve himself and try to be better.

‘If I didn’t trust him, he doesn’t start tonight in an important game after a defeat and a lot of problems. To start with him shows I trust him.’

Yes indeed Michael I'm very happy for any of our players to make me eat humble pie.His pass with the outside of his foot to Willian in the second half that nearly created a goal was the sign of a capable player.

Edited by kev61

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Good to see that our manager has realistic expectations of a young midfielder who has only really had one really good season in France. 

I'm positive he'll come good and I'm nopt worried at all. He's got the size, he's got the power and strength and he's got an excellent aerial game. It's just that his passing can be a bit unconcentrated at times - he needs to sort that out and once he does he'll be a beast. 

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I think the problem with Bakayako isn't Bakayako but the speed with which some (many?) fans judge players. Think back to Drogba, now considered a 'Chelsea Legend', and the way so many fans questioned his ability and his desire when he first arrived. For most players arriving from abroad, the speed and intensity of the Premier League must come as a shock to the system, and time is required to adapt. Baka came from Ligue Un, the least strong of the 'big five' European leagues. Furthermore, he arrived recovering from surgery so had no pre-season, and was thrown in to games earlier than originally anticipated by the manager. He's still young and has much to learn. Yes, some of his performances have been poor, but he's also shown glimpses that he's a more than decent player... a diamond in the rough, as it were. Let's wait until maybe this time next season before rushing to judge him.

Edited by Bob Singleton

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Good to see that our manager has realistic expectations of a young midfielder who has only really had one really good season in France. 

I'm positive he'll come good and I'm nopt worried at all. He's got the size, he's got the power and strength and he's got an excellent aerial game. It's just that his passing can be a bit unconcentrated at times - he needs to sort that out and once he does he'll be a beast. 

I think you and I both said more or less  the same thing when we signed him. He has all the attributes to be an absolute monster of a player.  I'm sure after his recent form many will laugh at that but I stand and by it. He's still very young and is in his first season with a new club in a new country after recovering from n injury. People expect players to come over and be an instant success. It doesn't always work like that.

What last night showed is that if he is played correctly, as in a holding midfielder rather than an attacking box to box player he has the potential to be very good. I'd like to see more of that rather than trying to get him to be something he is not.

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I think you and I both said more or less  the same thing when we signed him. He has all the attributes to be an absolute monster of a player.  I'm sure after his recent form many will laugh at that but I stand and by it. He's still very young and is in his first season with a new club in a new country after recovering from n injury. People expect players to come over and be an instant success. It doesn't always work like that.

What last night showed is that if he is played correctly, as in a holding midfielder rather than an attacking box to box player he has the potential to be very good. I'd like to see more of that rather than trying to get him to be something he is not.

Agreed. We can't berate managers for not giving players like Lukaku, KDB, Salah etc a prolonged chance in the first team if we call for the players head after 5 games. 

That kind of pressure is already on the manager from the club. It's not helpful I the fans turn on players so quickly. Just look at some of the stuff Blue Rod writes about Bakayoko yet he cried foul when KDB was sold after six months with very underwhelming performances. 

Bakayoko will prove to be a good addition, I'm certain of it. 

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Exactly.  But still what was clear last night was that Pedro, Willian and Hazard are superb with the ball in the opp half.  When you dominate a team as much as we did, watching Baka, Kante and the wingbacks, they are just nowhere close in ability despite getting so much more time on the ball. Time to go back to 5 players who can attack in the team, even if they do need to do the defensive work.