• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

jangz   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  But still what was clear last night was that Pedro, Willian and Hazard are superb with the ball in the opp half.  When you dominate a team as much as we did, watching Baka, Kante and the wingbacks, they are just nowhere close in ability despite getting so much more time on the ball. Time to go back to 5 players who can attack in the team, even if they do need to do the defensive work.

5 -5 would be too aggressive for me .. but certainly I would like a 6-4 balance.. I do think we are still very conservative in the current 6-3 8-2 systems.. somewhere I believe that has cost us during the campaign..

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  But still what was clear last night was that Pedro, Willian and Hazard are superb with the ball in the opp half.  When you dominate a team as much as we did, watching Baka, Kante and the wingbacks, they are just nowhere close in ability despite getting so much more time on the ball. Time to go back to 5 players who can attack in the team, even if they do need to do the defensive work.

Five is what City are playing with consistently. 

We are playing two to a maximum four (including Fabregas who aren't really a player in that mould (AM)) - more like a Gundogan type if we are are to compare with them. 

As a minimum we should be playing with Morata, Hazard, Pedro/Willian and Fabregas. That's three plus Fabregas.

If we had the players, adopting a 433 with one DM, four AMs and a striker while having attacking FBs in a back four, would make us lethal. 

NO wonder City are scoring so many goals. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

NO wonder City are scoring so many goals. 

They got two against Huddersfield.

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They got two against Huddersfield.

They've scored 52 goals in the league. 21 goals more than us. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

They've scored 52 goals in the league. 21 goals more than us. 

We probably missed 21 chances in the last half a dozen games.

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

By that yardstick, City has probably missed 100 in the last four.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I really don't think that is true.  What this long range play with our 7-1-2 formation has meant is one hell of a lot of shots from the edge of the box.  And really very few misses of the kind Willian had from the penalty spot into an almost open goal.  

On December 13, 2017 at 5:14 AM, Martin1905 said:

I think you and I both said more or less  the same thing when we signed him. He has all the attributes to be an absolute monster of a player.  I'm sure after his recent form many will laugh at that but I stand and by it. He's still very young and is in his first season with a new club in a new country after recovering from n injury. People expect players to come over and be an instant success. It doesn't always work like that.

What last night showed is that if he is played correctly, as in a holding midfielder rather than an attacking box to box player he has the potential to be very good. I'd like to see more of that rather than trying to get him to be something he is not.

Lacking technical ability isn't something that is easily compensated for. In addition to that, he isn't particularly good at closing players down either or anticipating the game. He's a very interesting player to watch because to be a standout player in a team like Chelsea you really do have to be very good and well rounded. I do think, however, that he can eventually perform for us in very specific roles in certain games - like the United game at the Bridge. I'm sure that quite a few excuses can be made for him at present, but really the only major problem I have with him is how poor he is technically. I dont expect any great improvement there either. I dont expect him to be an instant success but I do expect to see the basics from him to know what to realistically expect of him in the future. Danny Drinkwater in comparison has come over, similar injury problems as well, and fans are very patient with him because he has shown quite a bit of potential in a Chelsea shirt since his arrival.

paulw66   
9 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

. Danny Drinkwater in comparison has come over, similar injury problems as well, and fans are very patient with him because he has shown quite a bit of potential In a Chelsea shirt since his arrival.

Really? Had one decent game at home to Newcastle, who are rubbish. Classic example of someone's reputation growing whilst not playing. Don't get me wrong, I think DD will be a useful squad player, but he has barely played. He also hasn't had to adjust to a different league. 

Bakayoko has had far more game time, and therefore a bigger cross section to judge from against good and bad sides. 

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Really? Had one decent game at home to Newcastle, who are rubbish. Classic example of someone's reputation growing whilst not playing. Don't get me wrong, I think DD will be a useful squad player, but he has barely played. He also hasn't had to adjust to a different league. 

Yes, Drinkwater has at least performed well in the PL for the last 2 years.  And if for some daft reason we continue on a 3rd CM and 3 CBs instead of just asking 2 AMs to work as well, then Drinkwater at least gives us much more going forward.
But I bet he has never had to play behind as lazy (call it privileged if you like) a front two as we have right now.