• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tiemoue Bakayako

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Really? Had one decent game at home to Newcastle, who are rubbish. Classic example of someone's reputation growing whilst not playing. Don't get me wrong, I think DD will be a useful squad player, but he has barely played. He also hasn't had to adjust to a different league. 

Bakayoko has had far more game time, and therefore a bigger cross section to judge from against good and bad sides. 

Danny has at least demonstrated that he does possess the technical ability when in possession, and discipline when out of possession. He is also able to distribute the ball properly. As for the bit about adjusting to a different league - I honestly dont see how a different league affects the way Baka controls a ball, or how it will affect his ability to complete a simple pass. Even the goal he scored last game looked as though it was a shot off target. I also get the feeling with Bakayoko that he is zoned out most of the time as well and should be a lot stronger that he currently is too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Even the goal he scored last game looked as though it was a shot off target.

Yes.  Great first touch, then shot wide and put in for an og.  

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Danny has at least demonstrated that he does possess the technical ability when in possession, and discipline when out of possession. He is also able to distribute the ball properly. As for the bit about adjusting to a different league - I honestly dont see how a different league affects the way Baka controls a ball, or how it will affect his ability to complete a simple pass. Even the goal he scored last game looked as though it was a shot off target. I also get the feeling with Bakayoko that he is zoned out most of the time as well and should be a lot stronger that he currently is too.

It is more the time, or lack of it in the PL that players need to adjust to. France is a much slower, less competitve enviroment. 

You're almost criticising Baka for scoring a goal......in the top flight DD has managed a career high of 2 in one season in all competitions. Baka is already on 3

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You're almost criticising Baka for scoring a goal......in the top flight DD has managed a career high of 2 in one season in all competitions. Baka is already on 3

Technically Baka missed a goal.

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Technically Baka missed a goal.

Technically, the ball went in the net. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It is more the time, or lack of it in the PL that players need to adjust to. France is a much slower, less competitve enviroment. 

That time on the ball issue is only an issue because Bakayoko's very poor at actually bringing the ball under control. 

As for the bit about criticizing him supposedly for the goal, as Droy said, it's more that he actually missed the goal but it was re-directed in. You should choose to highlight the first touch and the acceleration if you want to defend your point that he has some sort of potential instead IMO.

jangz   

I think Baka is just casual in his approach.. I dont think his technique is poor, but he loses concentration every now and then. On the other hand someone like a ramires had very poor technique.. hopefully he can get over that and perform better..

There's talk that Ramires might come back to Europe to Inter Milan.  That'll be interesting for those that wrote him off 2 years ago.  Still just 30.