• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata Gone on loan

JMF   

That flick was something else.  He's a pretty clever player and is building something very nice with Hazard.

jones   

Not surprised, but very impressed so far. Apart from the few games after his hamstring injury, he has been magnificent. Both in terms of performances and numbers. Been as important to us so far, as Costa was last season. Not giving us the same in terms of one man show, but certainly contributing more to the team and our tactical approach. 8 goals and 4 assists in 11 PL games, meaning a goal or assist every 67 minutes. And he has just about started to get his Hazard partnership going. Only injuries will hold him back from 25 PL goals this season.

The club really needs to get some credit for managing to buy 4 year younger Morata for approximately the same as we sold the already gone Costa. 

Although his goal  looked a simple one it actually wasn't that simple. It really impressed me the way he tucked it away with his left foot from a tight angle while slightly unbalanced. Quite easy to miss that chance and it would have looked a shocker. If him and Hazard can stay fit/injury free and get a run playing together, it could be a brill little partnership. But the business end of this season will be brutal for the players. We lose Morata at a crucial time by keep playing him with no rest or recovery, we will only have ourselves to blame. January window should be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

awful finishing with his feet. simply awful. 

meanwhile - great run, nice movement to find room in box, brave finish which ended with him hobbling for a while.  All within 5 mins of coming on as sub (you guessed it, Torres replaced).

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

awful finishing with his feet. simply awful. 

As it frequently is. I've asked on the match day thread, why  we don't play to his strength more than we do - i.e., feed him crosses in the air? I just don't get it tbh.

xCELERYx   

He's now missed the most clear-cut chances of any player this season so far. I think he overtook Salah with his performance tonight. Although, I think Salah has 17 goals and 5 assists from attacking midfield.

Morata's goal breakdown so far in the EPL. 

Burnley 2-3 (1)
Everton 2-0 (1)
Leicester 1-2 (1)
Stoke 0-4 (3)
Man Utd 1-0 (1)
WBA 0-4 (1)
Newcastle 3-1 (1)
Brighton 2-0 (1)

17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

As it frequently is. I've asked on the match day thread, why  we don't play to his strength more than we do - I.e., feed him crosses in the air? I just don't get it tbh.

Because our game with Conte is counter attack, with brilliant long balls from the back by Azpi, Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz (and Fabregas from deep), fast breaking interplay on the ground with Hazard, but no wingers and only poor crossing FBs out wide.

Once again the great  blueprint is hampered by the players the Club buy and sell.

Edited by Droy was my hero

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Because our game with Conte is counter attack, with brilliant long balls from the back by Azpi, Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz (and Fabregas from deep), fast breaking interplay on the ground with Hazard, but no wingers and only poor crossing FBs out wide.

Once again the great  blueprint is hampered by the players the Club buy and sell.

Except for those occasions where we do find his head....and he scores! See: Azpilicueta as a prime example. I'm sure that our friend xCELERYx can provide the stats (all comps)??