• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata Gone on loan

Leo91   

Anyone who lists Mikel as a bad player: ''Oh, you're one of those fans''...

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Mikel was a very good player for CFC despite what many would claim. Torres struggled, it's true. Presumably, you mean Bakayoko (or Babayaro? Batshuayi?). None of them a patch on how bad the likes of Chris Sutton turned out to be. As for being baffling, CHO would not play in the same position as Morata, would not be good at hold up play (or most of the other attributes of a CF) and has not yet scored a single goal for CFC. He may become a decent player but he has a lot to learn. So, no, not baffling at all.

Chris Sutton, Mateja Kezman, Robert Fleck, Steve Livingstone, Neil Shipperly, Dave Mitchell....... 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Leo91 said:

Are you saying Mikel belongs in the list of "worst ever Chelsea players", which is the category he was just thrown into.........

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Chris Sutton, Mateja Kezman, Robert Fleck, Steve Livingstone, Neil Shipperly, Dave Mitchell....... 

That's a shocking bunch. I had complete forgotten Dave Mitchell. The rest I have tried to forget but sadly... I remember Tony Hateley having a woeful time too but felt sorry for him as he had to contend with being the stand-in for the king. Actually, in a way, that bunch is why I fell in love with the Chels. With players like that there was always a chance if you brought your boots.

Edited by Sciatika

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Well he would be, woudn't he.  Alongside those that reckoned Drogba was rubbish till 06/07, and those that reckoned Malouda was a coward and lazy on the pitch.
To be fair to Kev though, he has loads of crazy ideas and is 100% loyal to all of them.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Some of those were pretty cheap, while Shipperly was a youth player and Mitchell I don't think we paid for.
Mitchell only played for us 7 times, Livingstone just the once (as sub for Shipperly - which gives the clue - they were back up players when we had no first choice players).  Quite what Webb was doing in buying Livingstone (and selling Le Saux) is a question that a lot of people have asked (Bates I suspect has asked it 100 times).

Kezman was bought cheap (very cheap for RA) and sold at the same price a year later.  Most loved him because he kicked the first opponent to kick young Robben.  Obviously he couldn't do that for very long :)       JM switched from 442 early on to 433 as Duff and Robben (with Joe Cole in reserve) undroppable.  So Kezman, no longer a 2nd striker option but a 4th choice winger, only ever started 6 PL games for us.  Harsh to call him a big flop.

Sutton was rubbish for us, but good for Norwich Blackburn and Celtic and went on to be playable for many more years.  We overpaid, but still sold him for £6m in 2000 more than any Chelsea fan would have valued him at.

But certainly the list of poor players is long.  Anyone recall Alan Mayes?

kev61   
6 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Mikel was a very good player for CFC despite what many would claim. Torres struggled, it's tr youe. Presumably, you mean Bakayoko (or Babayaro? Batshuayi?). None of them a patch on how bad the likes of Chris Sutton turned out to be. As for being baffling, CHO would not play in the same position as Morata, would not be good at hold up play (or most of the other attributes of a CF) and has not yet scored a single goal for CFC. He may become a decent player but he has a lot to learn. So, no, not baffling at all.

If you think Mikel was a good player then we have no argument, you see things that I am blind to and my Freudian slip means the players you mentioned are all crap imo.

kev61   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

To be fair to Kev though, he has loads of crazy ideas and is 100% loyal to all of them.

You really have no insight into your own delusion.You make some good points but most of the time you say things just to be controversial and to be in the spotlight - I say what I see - you say what you think other people would like to see.

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some of those were pretty cheap, while Shipperly was a youth player and Mitchell I don't think we paid for.
Mitchell only played for us 7 times, Livingstone just the once (as sub for Shipperly - which gives the clue - they were back up players when we had no first choice players).  Quite what Webb was doing in buying Livingstone (and selling Le Saux) is a question that a lot of people have asked (Bates I suspect has asked it 100 times).

Kezman was bought cheap (very cheap for RA) and sold at the same price a year later.  Most loved him because he kicked the first opponent to kick young Robben.  Obviously he couldn't do that for very long :)       JM switched from 442 early on to 433 as Duff and Robben (with Joe Cole in reserve) undroppable.  So Kezman, no longer a 2nd striker option but a 4th choice winger, only ever started 6 PL games for us.  Harsh to call him a big flop.

Sutton was rubbish for us, but good for Norwich Blackburn and Celtic and went on to be playable for many more years.  We overpaid, but still sold him for £6m in 2000 more than any Chelsea fan would have valued him at.

But certainly the list of poor players is long.  Anyone recall Alan Mayes?

I was merely listing players who were / are inferior at football to Morata who have played for Chelsea in his position, irrespective of outlay. 

The post I was responing to made no comment about value for money.