• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata Gone on loan

Chelsea's Alvaro Morata wants to end career at Atletico Madrid

Morata, 26, joined Atletico in January on an 18-month loan deal, scoring six goals in 17 games for the Spanish side.

He was Chelsea's record signing when he joined for £60m from Real Madrid on a five-year contract in July 2017, and scored 24 goals in 72 games.

"I am very clear that I want to stay here," the former Atletico youth player told Spanish sports newspaper Marca.

"Leaving here has not crossed my mind. I want it to be resolved as soon as possible. I'm happy here. I want to be here for all the years I have left as a professional.

"If it was solely down to me, I would have signed my contract with Atletico.

"It's what I want, but there are contract matters. I did everything possible to come here and I will do my best to stay."

kev61   

Message to morata - we want you to stay away as much you want to stay away - another delusional footballer that has no insight into his own shitfulness.

xCELERYx   

Never seen a more mediocre player who somehow still ends up at decent clubs. 

Still bewilders me that some actually thought he'd be a good signing. Hopefully we can clean our hands of him in the summer once and for all. 

I still contend he's got all the chops to be a quality player but the bit that lets him down is the most important imho , heart , he's got no gumption .

bert19   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I still contend he's got all the chops to be a quality player but the bit that lets him down is the most important imho , heart , he's got no gumption .

I'd agree with your assessment.  

8 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Still bewilders me that some actually thought he'd be a good signing.

With hindsight me as well, but at least none of those people are still employed by the club... 

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Generally I don't like to assess players on character or courage, think they tend to be the go-to characteristics for chest-thumping throwback pundits who think passion and sustaining head injuries rather than ability makes for a player but absolutely have to agree with you on Morata. Simply did not have the attitude or mentality to cope with PL defenders or refs. The technical ability is there, the will to win trophies, games and 50/50s is not. 

Edited by thevelourfog