• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata.

Recommended Posts

Ham   
17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

but it was an odd thing to say. Don't think I've ever heard a coach say " I don't have a clue" and then before the words have barely left his lips, that player is running around like a spring chicken. Just seems odd, but maybe its not.

Yeah Nobly. It's unfortunate that Conte still insists on answering all press questions. Keeps making himself look daft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

but it was an odd thing to say. Don't think I've ever heard a coach say " I don't have a clue" and then before the words have barely left his lips, that player is running around like a spring chicken. Just seems odd, but maybe its not.

Maybe Conte thought that it was a good way to get a message through to Morata? If so, then it seems to have worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

but it was an odd thing to say. Don't think I've ever heard a coach say " I don't have a clue" and then before the words have barely left his lips, that player is running around like a spring chicken. Just seems odd, but maybe its not.

Probably more honest than Pep on Sane.  
I guess if the medics think it is all OK, but want to run some final scans to check, that is pretty much the "don't have a clue" situation.
He doesn't have a clue about Luiz either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Well , after the Daily Mail ran yet another anti Chelsea story about Morata dancing in a video they admitted they had no idea when it was from , he's felt obliged to answer them by saying he's fit for tonights game. 

she didn't look very pregnant so it was unlikely very recent....but it makes a good anti Chelsea story and people lap that up as we know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

but it was an odd thing to say. Don't think I've ever heard a coach say " I don't have a clue" and then before the words have barely left his lips, that player is running around like a spring chicken. Just seems odd, but maybe its not.

The media also take full advantage of a manager who only started to learn English prior to joining us. There's a stark difference between how he handles questions in Italian and English when you look back over interviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Maybe Conte thought that it was a good way to get a message through to Morata? If so, then it seems to have worked.

I think sticking an unfit Giroud on the pitch is what made Morata feel a bit perkier particularly as he did rather well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

The media also take full advantage of a manager who only started to learn English prior to joining us. There's a stark difference between how he handles questions in Italian and English when you look back over interviews. 

"maybe tomorrow maybe at the end of the season" . I think he got across his annoyance/frustration rather well for someone with dodgy English. I still quite like Conte (for all his faults) and will be sorry to see him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

"maybe tomorrow maybe at the end of the season" . I think he got across his annoyance/frustration rather well for someone with dodgy English. I still quite like Conte (for all his faults) and will be sorry to see him go.

Oh, I don't disagree with you on that. He still gets his point across, albeit without the finesse and craft of someone who speaks it naturally. Which is where he's often taken advantage of by the media and his words are easily twisted out of context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AS much as I like Morata we have to start games with Giroud. Morata keeps falling over way too easy as if he is still in Spain. No use to anyone on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   

Booked for dissent literally two minutes after coming on last night. Had he even touched the ball by the time he got a yellow? 

He needs a serious think about how he's approaching his football at the moment.  Not anywhere near the level he should be.  And the petulance and whining just makes his general form even worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now