• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata.

40 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Very unfair on Kalou... not our greatest striker, but far from the worse. Always tried hard, and somehow, in spite of his deficiencies, he came up with important goals when least expected but most needed.

Sure, I never said he was the worst. Just that he was worse than Morata. 

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Morata is not even close to be Chelseas worst striker (since I've supported us - 1992). 

Kezman, Torres, Sheva and Kalou are all way worse and that's just recent history. 

Pato and (when here) Falcao too.  I'd add Bats as being far worse than Morata too.
Trouble is that of all that lot only Sheva and Torres were ever expected to be lead No 9.  And both of those had at least been class acts before.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Very unfair on Kalou... not our greatest striker, but far from the worse. Always tried hard, and somehow, in spite of his deficiencies, he came up with important goals when least expected but most needed.

Overly kind on Kalou who was never a striker, just an AM who couldn't outrun anyone, couldn't beat a player, cross very well, finish well or pass well.  He was however invariably in the right place, so I can see the attraction to some managers.
The Inter game proved it best when the Inter tactics were to let Kalou drift central, not mark him but just let him lose the ball on his own.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

he came up with important goals when least expected but most needed.

One of those myths people develop when trying to support losing arguments.  I did the maths, a higher proportion of his goals came in games where we won by 2 goals or more than all player goals, and a lower proportion in games won by 1 goal or drawn.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Sure, I never said he was the worst. Just that he was worse than Morata. 

Let's see how you feel at the end of this season. Kalou had a decent strike rate I seem to recall. 

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Trouble is that of all that lot only Sheva and Torres were ever expected to be lead No 9. 

I think that's my point. Was Pato a worse striker than Morata? How would we know...he never played? Striker like Torres, Sheva and Morata were big buys with high expectations . They all failed miserably to deliver what was expected. 

20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

One of those myths people develop when trying to support losing arguments.  I did the maths, a higher proportion of his goals came in games where we won by 2 goals or more than all player goals, and a lower proportion in games won by 1 goal or drawn.

Read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote!

paulw66   

I'm not going to weigh too much into this, but Kalou was never a striker for us, and certainly never a no.9 type. Played left or right of the 3 most often

xCELERYx   
13 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not to mention played a lot of his football for us in a wide position. You knew what you'd get from Kalou and played his role - including some crucial goals as you said. 

12 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Not to mention played a lot of his football for us in a wide position. You knew what you'd get from Kalou and played his role - including some crucial goals as you said. 

Unfortunately we knew exactly what we would get.  Extremely few crucial goals too.  No matter how many times the opposite is said as some kind of excuse for lack of ability.  

Sir   
On 06/08/2018 at 1:24 PM, NoblyBobly said:

Let's see how you feel at the end of this season. Kalou had a decent strike rate I seem to recall. 

I think that's my point. Was Pato a worse striker than Morata? How would we know...he never played? Striker like Torres, Sheva and Morata were big buys with high expectations . They all failed miserably to deliver what was expected. 

How on earth Pato gets a mention I’ll never know. Guy wasn’t given barely seconds on the pitch let alone minutes.