• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata.

xCELERYx   
15 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Maybe I’m just a fan of Morata, but I do see a lot of positive qualities in him that hopefully he begins to translate into performances - namely his decent technique, speed and he does have a frame that should make him a lot more physically effective. 

I do also feel though that he is much much closer to remaining the player you described from the off. My main problem with dropping him is that we still (IMO) dont have a truly viable alternative on the bench. 

I mean, Giroud has a lot of supporters but this guy also doesnt score and he seems to suit a style of football that, evidently, disgusts the current manager. 

We can possibly rectify this situation in January but, IMO, until Morata’s competition remains so poor I really dont see the point in dropping him.

These "positives" often flatter to deceive. Don't worry, I thought exactly the same as you when he first joined Juve at like 22 years old. He looked to have a little about him that would develop with games, continuing to play along side other top players, and being coached by top managers. Instead he was a constant source of frustration with a game that was extremely inconsistent resulting in him being a player who just couldn't be counted on. His measly goal returns over the years should have been a huge warning for us - particularly when you get a chance to look over the goals he has scored and how they've come. Only once all that is taken into account do you realise just how limited of a player he actually is, despite showing glimpses of promise for a short stretch of play during the season where you foolishly think he may finally be getting it together. 

While I was staunchly against signing him from the very beginning, I didn't think he'd actually be this utterly useless. At a time where he should be entering his prime years, he's somehow managed to regress. 

Dropping Morata now for me is the only real viable option we have. Having him out on the pitch does us no favours even at a time when we're struggling upfront. I'd rather see us make do with Giroud, who at least can positively contribute in games and does a good job of bringing others into play.  With a combination of Pedro or Hazard through the middle for the time being. While the minutes saved by not playing Morata could be better used to help along Hudson-Odoi develop and get first team exposure - a player who has actually shown promise. Which would be a positive move for the future. 

The club needs to hold its hand up and cut their losses as quickly as possible. We're obviously not going to recoup our money, so we either try and loan him out to get back as much as possible via loan fees until his contract runs down,  or we flog him off for something in the region of £20-30m (if we're lucky) and cop the loss on the chin. 

Persisting with him helps no one at this point.

8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Who got the worst deal

morata 56mil vs lukaku 90mil 

I'm no big fan of Lukaku but I'd swop in a heartbeat. Maybe we could throw in Bakayoko as a sweetener.

16 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Conte to Madrid would be a massive plus for us surely, saves us about £6mil and Hazard will probably less keen on going to the only club he says he would leave Chelsea for. If we are really lucky he might even be keen to work with Morata again and take him home. Many other reports they will do a Pep/Zizou and appoint their B team manager and ex player Solari.

It's a good point about Hazard. He has clearly not made his mind up and is teetering which way to go. It could just sway him our way especially if we finish in CL spot.  I believe there was genuine animosity between the two...not horrendous but enough to make Eden feel uncomfortable and unsure at RM.  

9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It's a good point about Hazard. He has clearly not made his mind up and is teetering which way to go. It could just sway him our way especially if we finish in CL spot.  I believe there was genuine animosity between the two...not horrendous but enough to make Eden feel uncomfortable and unsure at RM.  

I'm not sure he's even "teetering".  I don't get the impression Hazard is the sort of player to force a move. If RM make a bid, he'll want to talk to them. If RM don't make a bid (and it's likely they see M'bappe, who is younger, as the better long-term option) he'll stay. As he's said many times, he's happy at Chelsea and his family are settled here. He's too laid back for it to affect him in any way... if it happens, it happens and if it doesn't it doesn't; either way he's happy.

16 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm not sure he's even "teetering".  I don't get the impression Hazard is the sort of player to force a move. If RM make a bid, he'll want to talk to them. If RM don't make a bid (and it's likely they see M'bappe, who is younger, as the better long-term option) he'll stay. As he's said many times, he's happy at Chelsea and his family are settled here. He's too laid back for it to affect him in any way... if it happens, it happens and if it doesn't it doesn't; either way he's happy.

By his own admission he says he's been teetering (I think his words were that he feels one thing one day and another thing the next), but he's also said he will never leave a club on bad terms. As you say he's not working himself into a lather over it and it's certainly not affecting his football. 

Offside twice as much as any other sriker.  pathetic. Either he is offside or falling to the ground hands in the air and not getting anything.GettyImages-884510198.jpg

How we will remember Morata when he leaves:

Flinkers   

I just wish he'd put as much effort into fighting for the ball as throwing himself to the ground and mouthing off to the Referee - he might then become the striker we need.

Instead he's more interested in playing the toddler having a temper tantrum. His card's marked now and it will take an on-field assault to get any sort of decision go for him.